Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why is all of the Minelab stuff way down here now??

Funny, I was thinking same thing. One of best detectors in the world and down at bottom

This is a interesting topic. Many months ago I tried to get a fellow co-worker, who has never been a metal detector, to purchase the Equinox 600 or 800.

His research On-Line pointed to the Garret AT-Pro. and that's what he purchased... despite my advice.

Minelab spends a small fraction of their budget on advertising. Maybe there is some old fart who owned 51% of the company who does not believe in spending Allot on advertising and promotion.

My friend spent $600.0 US Dollars for a Garrett AT Pro package deal. BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY advertising, and he was 100% convinced he has the best detector on the market.

Or.... Maybe....??? Their military contracts are sustaining them in great wealth...??

Or maybe the owners of Minelab are living the life of luxury and really don't care about advertising..?

Or maybe the company is struggling to survive....? And advertising money is the last thing they ever want to spend.

Or maybe the corporation borrowed so much money that they are in such debt, that an advertising budget is out of the question.

Or maybe the ex-wife of the corporation is suing for millions of dollars..??

I suspect they are struggling to survive.

Last edited:
This is a interesting topic. Many months ago I tried to get a fellow co-worker, who has never been a metal detector, to purchase the Equinox 600 or 800.

His research On-Line pointed to the Garret AT-Pro. and that's what he purchased... despite my advice.

Minelab spends a small fraction of their budget on advertising. Maybe there is some old fart who owned 51% of the company who does not believe in spending Allot on advertising and promotion.

My friend spent $600.0 US Dollars for a Garrett AT Pro package deal. BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY advertising, and he was 100% convinced he has the best detector on the market.

Or.... Maybe....??? Their military contracts are sustaining them in great wealth...??

Or maybe the owners of Minelab are living the life of luxury and really don't care about advertising..?

Or maybe the company is struggling to survive....? And advertising money is the last thing they ever want to spend.

Or maybe the corporation borrowed so much money that they are in such debt, that an advertising budget is out of the question.

Minelab used to spend a ton of money on advertising. That is why you hear people say they are best metal detector made because that slogan was in their ads.

I don't believe they are the best at all. But I still like them.

Kudos to Garrett....even though your friend bought one...and i agree with you....he should have listened to you.......but I bet there has been more finds made with Garrett detectors than any other brand world wide because everyone knows about Garrett.

As far as manufacturers not sponsoring anymore, I still don't think that the Minelab stuff should be way down here at the bottom.

Even the Beep and Dig room is way up above.....most of those guys are all out of business.

When I think back about my first purchase I remember reading all I could for getting advice on what to buy.
So many different opinions it gets confusing.
The one that got me was. "Start off Cheap to see if you like it." So that pointed me to a used "Compadre" for $ 130.00.
Then the progression of buying more, more and more took over.
Thinking about it now I should have bought the most expensive back then. It would have been Cheaper in the long run...:bouncy:

Minelab used to spend a ton of money on advertising. That is why you hear people say they are best metal detector made because that slogan was in their ads.

I don't believe they are the best at all. But I still like them.

Kudos to Garrett....even though your friend bought one...and i agree with you....he should have listened to you.......but I bet there has been more finds made with Garrett detectors than any other brand world wide because everyone knows about Garrett.

As far as manufacturers not sponsoring anymore, I still don't think that the Minelab stuff should be way down here at the bottom.

Even the Beep and Dig room is way up above.....most of those guys are all out of business.
Your correct... Garrett has probably found a lot more then Minelab... but only because they have been around a lot longer.

Your correct... Garrett has probably found a lot more then Minelab... but only because they have been around a lot longer.
Well Garrett also had the ace 250 revolution.....plus it has a few detectors in the low price range more so than the other brands.

Anyways yes, I still think Charles Garrett was a great pioneer in our hobby and was a nice man as well.

But the fact that the Minelab stuff being one of the most popular currently.....it is apparently considered the red headed step child now just right above Whites and Tesoro!!

I rather suspect the word of mouth about the Equinox is working quite well for minelab. on another popular metal detecting forum there are over 22,000 post on the equinox and the next closest competitor has maybe 2,000 posts. That in itself tells you a lot. Also I notice a whole lot of detectorists where very vocally defending their detector as being superior to the Equinox are now Equinox users.

I rather suspect the word of mouth about the Equinox is working quite well for minelab. on another popular metal detecting forum there are over 22,000 post on the equinox and the next closest competitor has maybe 2,000 posts. That in itself tells you a lot. Also I notice a whole lot of detectorists where very vocally defending their detector as being superior to the Equinox are now Equinox users.
could be the breakdowns and sending back to minelab for replacements......you got to swing what you like, be it a minelab or something else...they are all good until they stop working...then they all rate the same.

I have been lucky with my Equinox 600. I have found many coins with it. I have compared signals against the CTX and the E-trac. My machine picked up every deep signal that those machines did. I am interested in a new Minelab if they bring one out or the new Nokta. Something tells me that the new Nokta with it's FBS capabilities will be nothing more than an Equinox copy with some extra bells and whistles.