Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why is TTF the best option for iron laden sites

I'm with you on that buddy. I have decided to carve areas up into smaller sections and hit it for a while before I go to our scheduled permission. I think that way I can learn TTF in smaller events and reflect on what I need to change or what works before the next weekend. I need to start filming myself, But that would be weird. I do need to take notes (Settings, FE/CO readings, depth, item recovered). That way by the time I retire, I can do this fulltime and hunt where no one else wants to go.

Bob38 said:
I'm with you on that buddy. I have decided to carve areas up into smaller sections and hit it for a while before I go to our scheduled permission. I think that way I can learn TTF in smaller events and reflect on what I need to change or what works before the next weekend. I need to start filming myself, But that would be weird. I do need to take notes (Settings, FE/CO readings, depth, item recovered). That way by the time I retire, I can do this fulltime and hunt where no one else wants to go.

Filming is actually very beneficial if done properly. Film it all. Use a head mounted camera so you get the right point of view(POV) when you’re reviewing it. It will look just the same as what you saw hunting in real time,but you’ll be able to hear the signals that you perhaps should have checked and didn’t,or DID check and shouldn’t have bothered with. Don’t use the headphones when you do this obviously,or you’ll have no audio to review. Watch your coil....how much do you REALLY overlap?...Do you keep good control of your coil? Any ground tracking system requires that you are diligent about coil height being uniform so that the machine isn’t seeing big or sudden variations in soil to have an optimal outcome! ALL of this can be looked at to make yourself a better hunter IF you film your hunts. And who knows...you might find something outrageous in the process too.
Good luck Bob,I can tell you are serious about this hobby! Put in the time,learn the processes it takes to stand out. It does NOT come easily,nor quickly. Nothing really worth doing comes easily,as I’m sure you know.

Bob38 said:

Videotaping is quite the norm, as evidenced by the many YouTube videos. If i were to do that i'd use a GoPro.
I can think of at least a dozen farm sites, some now being plowed fields, that would be great to learn TTF, and hopefully make some nice recoveries at the 'iffy' signal spots i had passed by.

jughed440 said:

Videotaping is quite the norm, as evidenced by the many YouTube videos. If i were to do that i'd use a GoPro.
I can think of at least a dozen farm sites, some now being plowed fields, that would be great to learn TTF, and hopefully make some nice recoveries at the 'iffy' signal spots i had passed by.

Yeah it’s kinda cool to find something on the spot and be able to get it out of the ground live. I’m glad I started filming because you see stuff about your own skills that can be improved upon,and signals that you did not check that clearly show up on the audio. It can be a really good “self teaching” tool! One thing I saw on my own film was that even though I consciously try to overlap swings,I wasn’t doing it as thoroughly as I thought I was,and sometimes it was downright sloppy.
I do use a GoPro so that I can film it all. The guys who just use phones to film the target that’s already out of the hole....that doesn’t do me any good as a hunter. As a viewer of entertainment,sure. Is it any good for ME and to sharpen MY skills? No. I LOVE stuff that teaches me something,but that’s me.:)

Taking the GoPro with me tomorrow. I’m pretty pumped about it too. It’s going to be cold but I will be prepared like always. If I learn to be a good trash hunter I will be unstoppable.