Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why it’s hard for me to give up the T2

2 Much Trash

I know that to many the T2 is now considered old school. With the newer more advanced machines that have come to market the past few years I have to agree. As of late I have come very close to upgrading to a newer more popular detector and will more than likely do so. But I’m still a little hesitant
My buddy and I both hunt with the T2. For the past 6 years we’ve hunted this same site relentlessly and dug some good finds. There’s some other fellows that hunt there as well and we feel a little outgunned because they all have the newer more up to date machines. Last season we hunted this site 3 times and got all but skunked all 3 times and more or less decided it’s was no use going back. But last week between snow storms we decided to try this spot one more time mainly because it was closer and we just wanted to get out even knowing we were beating a dead horse.
I realize this is not much but I was surprised, all things considered. If I had been hunting with a new machine and made these finds I would retire the T2 thinking the new machine was better.
I was using my go to settings 75 sens, 10 disc, BP mode
bullets most all read a good 76
brass cannon ball fuse and brass drawer pull a good 83
silver quarter around 80

Attachments

• 54A5C009-B009-44AE-97B0-C3009DD87CD9.jpeg
    54A5C009-B009-44AE-97B0-C3009DD87CD9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 145
2 Much, I bet i could get the latest greatest detector and go with you hunting like you do and you would thrash me bad. I really don't think it is the tool so much as the one using it. Good luck whatever you choose!

2 Much, I bet i could get the latest greatest detector and go with you hunting like you do and you would thrash me bad. I really don't think it is the tool so much as the one using it. Good luck whatever you choose!
Thanks Picket. But I seriously doubt that. I usually fold under pressure😩

Nice finds,,,,,I have the classic and found silver the first day I got it,want upgrade to the plus or the se primarily for the boost process.I can walk all day behind any machine in the same price range coils the same size, you would be hard pressed to find a target that couldn't be hit with the T2 under average ground conditions,,,,,

While I'm guilty of riding the new detector merry go round, I have learned the grass is not always greener. Yes there obviously have been improvements made in today's market ocean of detectors I think it's more about what we get for the money. I remember paying almost $500 for a new high tone vaquero which served me well and I made some killer finds with it. But nowadays for half that, a waterproof, loaded up with all the bells and whistles, wireless, Bluetooth wonder box can be had. Is it better? For the $ absolutely.

I know that to many the T2 is now considered old school. With the newer more advanced machines that have come to market the past few years I have to agree. As of late I have come very close to upgrading to a newer more popular detector and will more than likely do so. But I’m still a little hesitant
My buddy and I both hunt with the T2. For the past 6 years we’ve hunted this same site relentlessly and dug some good finds. There’s some other fellows that hunt there as well and we feel a little outgunned because they all have the newer more up to date machines. Last season we hunted this site 3 times and got all but skunked all 3 times and more or less decided it’s was no use going back. But last week between snow storms we decided to try this spot one more time mainly because it was closer and we just wanted to get out even knowing we were beating a dead horse.
I realize this is not much but I was surprised, all things considered. If I had been hunting with a new machine and made these finds I would retire the T2 thinking the new machine was better.
silver quarter around 80
That was like me with the Fisher CZ 5 I found so much good stuff with it I couldn't put it down

silver quarter around 80
The T2 is a great machine in my opinion with lots of settings and modes so you can customize your hunt, kinda like having two machines in one with discrimination and all metal modes. The T2+ is my go to machine now, my Garrett ATPRO is collecting dust! I have also thought about upgrading to a Mindlab or Deus but I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze. I'm satisfied with the T2's performance, I've found lots of relics with it. I will throw this out there a couple of guys I hunt with use old Nautilus DMC2ba and Dmc2b machines. These machines have been around for decades and have no digital display, only 2 tones. A low tone for ferrous metal and a high tone for non ferrous metal. I've seen these guys dig bullets and buttons at 15" deep and cannonballs at 3 feet or more. These are really old school machines but I'm not sure if any of the new machines can match them on depth.

I used one for a few years the T2 with boost, cache, ferous tones, dst, wish i would of kept it but i have found so much more with my xp deus 1 and equinox.
I wanted to try the newer generation detector's and was glad i did. If you can afford grab a newer detector and see how you like it if you don't just re sell it
or if you have a friend with one try his out.
I found more silver with my Equinox than a T2

I used one for a few years the T2 with boost, cache, ferous tones, dst, wish i would of kept it but i have found so much more with my xp deus 1 and equinox.
I wanted to try the newer generation detector's and was glad i did. If you can afford grab a newer detector and see how you like it if you don't just re sell it
or if you have a friend with one try his out.
I found more silver with my Equinox than a T2
I am assuming you are not a relic hunter. Im thinking about getting a Equinox 800 but I don't know if it's worth it. What kind of depth do you get out of the Nox on a silver quarter?

I am assuming you are not a relic hunter. Im thinking about getting a Equinox 800 but I don't know if it's worth it. What kind of depth do you get out of the Nox on a silver quarter?
Only relic hunted one time a friend took me on his permission found a 3 ringer and a round ball. Never found a silver quarter when i had it but
i did find a barber dime it was down the length of my garret carrot in the ground. I was using a 600

Attachments

• IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
If you want more depth, try to learn boost all metal.
I have the T2+, I can't use boost when I'm in All Metal Mode. BP can only be used when I'm in the Discrimination Mode, please correct me if I'm wrong here and tell me how to set my machine up for this.

silver quarter around 80
One thing about it 2 Much you never find it all, I've gone back to places I've hunted time and time again and I can always find something. The finds dwindle down but there's still stuff there you just have to run your coil over it.

One thing about it 2 Much you never find it all, I've gone back to places I've hunted time and time again and I can always find something. The finds dwindle down but there's still stuff there you just have to run your coil over it.
My feelings exactly Wildbill. Especially the last sentence.👍