Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why minelab did you lie to us ctx 3030 users?

MEV

This is the new metal detector of minelab , screen looks a lot like ctx ! Why minelab did you lie to us? Why in 6 years you didnt made real updates for ctx, you said it was the future of discovery thats why i got ctx because of the updates and you didnt do nothing !!!

I’d like the ability to control individual tone bin volumes. Other than that,I’m not sure what they could do to improve it. What did you have in mind MEV? I know,there’s always SOMETHING to improve! But this machine is so damn good to begin with it’s hard for me to think of much...

Oh brother...not this again.

Doesn't that song ever get old?

They did make real updates...good ones, too...just not any recently.

(And it's been 7 years...not 6.)

Well from your screen shot I can't tell a thing! Looks like a small screen that says VANQUISH with what appears a play button that don't work....

IDXMonster said:
I’d like the ability to control individual tone bin volumes. Other than that,I’m not sure what they could do to improve it. What did you have in mind MEV? I know,there’s always SOMETHING to improve! But this machine is so damn good to begin with it’s hard for me to think of much...
. You nailed it.....individual volume control on the tone bins, that's the only thing the CTX lacks. The only machine comes remotely close to performance for the kind of hunting that I do, is the Equinox, it's close but it's not a CTX :)

We've been asking for volume control in the individual bins for years. I'm no engineer but would it really be that difficult of a firmware update. I don't think it would be asking too much.
No more iron falsing and ability to differentiate between screw caps and coins?? That might be asking for too much :)

The video you are watching is so foggy you can not tell what it looks like or even if it is the new machine. It appears to have the same screen as the CTX but also the GPZ. it also appears to have a solid clam shell coil rather than a open spider coil. So is this the new machine? Who knows?

That video has ZERO association with MINELAB. No idea what its supposed to be other than a click grab for people looking for info on a new mystery machine. Minelab has their own youtube channel, and this garbage ain't it!

The screen on the CTX 3030 is about as bad as the one on the E-Trac ... using outside in daylight it is barely visible.
Poor design for such an expensive detector.

The Equinox screen can be seen clearly 6 feet away.

I know it's a broken record, but the update that I would love for Minelab to do is a Mac interface!

It's pretty bad when I have to go out and buy a cheap PC, just so that I can use X-Change 2!

Geobound said:
I know it's a broken record, but the update that I would love for Minelab to do is a Mac interface!
It's pretty bad when I have to go out and buy a cheap PC, just so that I can use X-Change 2!

I agree...and I keep meaning to experiment with Codeweavers Crossover to see if I can get XC2 running on Linux and Mac...but I can't seem to find the time.
Maybe this week I should try to just MAKE the time...
:)
mike

Yes an old song but what the heck I've played it a million times.

I think they could add an Fe reactivity control like on the NOX. That might be interesting.

Also an easy way to download my find points and not have to use exchange 2. I think there is a thread on this and you can maybe see a .dbf file. I mean i would like to download my points/tracks put into a spread sheet and then pull into GIS.

Another thing would be to be able to start a track take a break and then restart that track. pretty useful in fields and on beaches.

Seems like with the NOX and Vanquish Minelab have moved past the CTX.

Anyway my two cents.

HH

I agree too! I also look at it as you’ll have to recover more finds to help pay back the loss you took from purchase. Hope you get to profit & not have to lose it again on paying for repairs for the machine or your dislocated shoulder?