Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why no Fisher Impulse forum?

Still want one of those buggers:nono:

There are a couple AQ FB groups and post are rare. Like TVR said, lack of..........I only know of 5 people using them on a regular bases. Even I only use mine at a few spots, Maybe one time out of 4 outings.

OK. I get it. Thank you.
Just wondering, (change of subject), about how much detecting time do we get with a stock Fisher Impulse? I know that this is a big issue with these machines.

OK. I get it. Thank you.
Just wondering, (change of subject), about how much detecting time do we get with a stock Fisher Impulse? I know that this is a big issue with these machines.
I tested several AQ's over the last three years, average is 3 hours and 15 minutes with the factory stock battery. Luckily, I jumped on the problem when I got mine and came up with a couple designs for alternatives. One is 5.5 and the other is 11 hours. I did make a few different ones testing different batteries. I no longer make them but do provided anyone with the parts list if they want to try. The AQ is a battery Hog and for good reason..Depth...it puts every bit of that power in the ground.

I've got three stock batteries. One got about 2.5 hours, the other two were between 2 hours 50 minutes and three hours.

I tested several AQ's over the last three years, average is 3 hours and 15 minutes with the factory stock battery. Luckily, I jumped on the problem when I got mine and came up with a couple designs for alternatives. One is 5.5 and the other is 11 hours. I did make a few different ones testing different batteries. I no longer make them but do provided anyone with the parts list if they want to try. The AQ is a battery Hog and for good reason..Depth...it puts every bit of that power in the ground.
Thank you Beechnut. Oh , 3.25 hours on a fresh charge would be plenty for me. I guess the time flies, huh? You know the old saying,
Time flies when you are having fun.

Thank you Beechnut. Oh , 3.25 hours on a fresh charge would be plenty for me. I guess the time flies, huh? You know the old saying,
Time flies when you are having fun.
I can always take along my Minelab Equinox 800 with the large coil for a backup. Even tho a VLF machine is pretty useless for my conditions.
"Beach mode". What a joke. It might be suitable for the general hobby detectorists who enjoy searching the dry sand for pocket change and dog tags. idk.