Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why not have Auto Noise Cancel run on startup?

Noise cancel is a recommended process not required.
Noise cancel shouldn't be done over a target thus requiring sweeping before initiating.
Noise cancel might need to done more than once.
ETC...
Jeff

laplander said:
Noise cancel shouldn't be done over a target thus requiring sweeping before initiating.
ETC...
Jeff

Why you gotta come along and ruin everything with your sensible answers and what not??:)

I know there are some detectors that auto noise cancel on startup. I don't know how thorough they are or how many frequencies are checked. My GPX runs through at least 250 frequencies (takes about a minute). The Nox runs through quite a few (20 or so) I'm sure and I really use that function in the urban settings that I hunt in for EMI, when using different pinpointers and when doing club hunts. So the manual use of it has been really important to me along with laplander's reasons too.

Jeff

IDXMonster said:
ETC...
Jeff

Why you gotta come along and ruin everything with your sensible answers and what not??:)
My bad:cool:

laplander said:
ETC...
Jeff

My bad:cool:
For sure!!!!!!!:rofl:

Iowa Dale

IDXMonster said:
ETC...
Jeff

Jeff, just don't start your machine while you are in your vehicle, stay away from other vehicles and fences before you start your machine, and just hold your coil a couple of feet above the ground on startup. A "sweep" is unnessesary for noise cancelation.

MassSaltH2O said:
ETC...
Jeff

Jeff, just don't start your machine while you are in your vehicle, stay away from other vehicles and fences before you start your machine, and just hold your coil a couple of feet above the ground on startup. A "sweep" is unnessesary for noise cancelation.
The sweep should only be done to ensure you are over "clean ground" and not a target the coil should be held still for the entire N.C. process. I assumed we read the manual :shrug: Might reread the second line only slower this time.
Jeff
Jeff

laplander said:
ETC...
Jeff

The sweep should only be done to ensure you are over "clean ground" and not a target the coil should be held still for the entire N.C. process. I assumed we read the manual :shrug: Might reread the second line only slower this time.
Jeff
Jeff
Great advise... Read and reread the manual. I have done this several times and keep getting better clarification! This machine has lots of options for all of its different applications.