Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

why not Tesoro?

I have always said that although the Tesoro lifetime warranty looks great in all the adverts,it also does have a fair amount of smallcop out clauses attached to it,if one reads the small print,It does not apply to me anyway as all my Tesoro machines had not be purchased by me from new,also the fact that although they are made by Tesoro with made by Tesoro on all the labels they only come with a UK 1 year warranty which is pants at best.Would i buy a new Tesoro just for the lifetime warranty 'NO' i would not.

Sorry to hear about your coil not being able to be fixed,but sometimes when you take the cost of shipping a original Tesoro coil back for repair and finding out that it cannot be fixed i am thinking buy a after market coil could be a viable option these days.

Thanks DD & Mega

yeah bit of a disappointment but not much I can do hey !

not to worry its a learning experience and sometimes they are not so much fun but what can we do just keep swinging and I still like my Tesoro's always will , seems they have changed how things work these days !!

AJ

AJ, this sounds like what my wife, who is also a counselor, tells me regularly! And after many years I have concluded, she's RIGHT!!!!!

amberjack said:
i will keep it simple, I like their detectors , but when they have my coil for over a month with no contact to me I find that very frustrating my last dealings with them was about 3 years ago and they have slipped backwards big time in their customer service from then.

have dealt with whites and fisher here from AU to the US with no dramas.

Tesoro has to be the most frustrating company I have ever dealt with.

so have come to conclusion here in AU I have no warranty and either I like that or I don't its my choice and it's pretty clear to me I am the one who has to change because they are out of my control.

so no big deal and I wouldn't care only the coil I bought new they no longer make and I would have liked it fixed but seems like that's not going to happen, if it was one they still made I would just bin it and buy another one.

so sent a hail mary today and emailed them :throw:

LOL not to worry it is what it is and life continues on with or without Tesoro.

AJ

robo said:
Am I lucky?? I bought a new Vaquero and went on their website to see if I could register it online. After not seeing that option I dropped them a email. Guess what? Next morning I had a reply back. This was all of 3 weeks ago.

Robo, call me nostalgic but I like filing out the old paper warranty card and dropping it in the mail ! I am only middle aged, so this is not just an old grumpy guy rambling, but registering it this way kind of has a personal feel to it, much like writing a letter to a friend versus just sending an email !

:thumbup: I feel that way to! (and I'm a grumpy old man) :biggrin:
Fletch88 said:
robo said:
Am I lucky?? I bought a new Vaquero and went on their website to see if I could register it online. After not seeing that option I dropped them a email. Guess what? Next morning I had a reply back. This was all of 3 weeks ago.

Robo, call me nostalgic but I like filing out the old paper warranty card and dropping it in the mail ! I am only middle aged, so this is not just an old grumpy guy rambling, but registering it this way kind of has a personal feel to it, much like writing a letter to a friend versus just sending an email !

yep I think your wife is right the only thing I am in control of is me and my emotions and how I think and feel , it can be a bit annoying coming to this conclusion that its always me who has to change , but there is some freedom in knowing I have a choice in how I feel respond etc.. it is taking my power back in a lot of ways, if I let others control how I think act feel etc so its not as bad as it might seem :jump:

BP

Fletch88 said:
AJ, this sounds like what my wife, who is also a counselor, tells me regularly! And after many years I have concluded, she's RIGHT!!!!!

amberjack said:
i will keep it simple, I like their detectors , but when they have my coil for over a month with no contact to me I find that very frustrating my last dealings with them was about 3 years ago and they have slipped backwards big time in their customer service from then.

have dealt with whites and fisher here from AU to the US with no dramas.

Tesoro has to be the most frustrating company I have ever dealt with.

so have come to conclusion here in AU I have no warranty and either I like that or I don't its my choice and it's pretty clear to me I am the one who has to change because they are out of my control.

so no big deal and I wouldn't care only the coil I bought new they no longer make and I would have liked it fixed but seems like that's not going to happen, if it was one they still made I would just bin it and buy another one.

so sent a hail mary today and emailed them :throw:

LOL not to worry it is what it is and life continues on with or without Tesoro.

AJ

Hey amber jack, what coil do you want that they no longer make ???

hey Jim

4 pin cleansweep coil.

they told me it had a hairline crack at the join letting water in, I couldn't see it but maybe I am going blind :poke: anyway I paid to send it there and just paid them 50 odd $ to send it back and they wouldn't fix it because they don't make them any more.

told me it was fine to use just don't get water in it :poke:

so anyway guess I am out 90 $ for the experience and that will learn me to ring 1st pay latter !!

so once I dry it out hair drier or something I guess ?? find the seam and glue it back up silicone the cover on or something to try keep the water out it will be fine I HOPE :rage:

AJ

i heard that a thin two part epoxy works very well for a cracked coil. just mix and pour it in.