Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why "Time" Ranger

mwaynebennett

Why is the Time Ranger called that? What does the word "Time" have to do with the machine? I have never seen the sense in that name.

Mark

I think that you would have to call First Texas (owner of Bounty Hunter) and ask them how they came up with the name "Time Ranger".

Well, I'm hoping that Dave will chime in and let us know why it was named the Time Ranger rather than the Rudabaga Ranger or some other non-descriptive name.

Mark

I would assume it has something to do with digging up objects/artifacts from the past,sort of like a "time machine". Thanks.

Why not ?

Recovering items lost or hidden in "Time" past is what it is all about.....whether an hour ago or hundreds of years ago. I think the name "Time Ranger" is reflective of the hobby and the use of a metal detector.

Makes sense to me.

Ranger.......maybe because the company is located in Texas.....Texas Rangers. Time.....digging things from past times.I think its a cool name. And easily understood.
Let's try other names.....Safari (detector are not guns) Red Baron (haven't had to shoot down any flying metal detectors. Have you?) The list could be quite extensive. But its bedtime for me.

I still would prefer it to be called the Rudabaga Ranger. We all know that things that were lost happend in a past time, just like we know that things that that were lost were lost in the universe. Maybe it should be called a Universe Ranger.

Mark

That's funny Mark. But, why does it matter?

I would hope that this thread isn't about some kind of not-so-subtle ridicule of a very good detector that quite a few people are purchasing now due to close out pricing.

Buy one and you can call it by whatever name you wish.

I am just curious as to the mental processes used to come-up with the name. The name "Quicksilver" makes sense since a person can quickly find silver with it. The same goes with "Gold Digger" since a person using it could use it to find and then dig gold. I guess that I am cursed with the silly notion that there should be a reason for people doing things when in reality most people have no reason for doing much of what they do. Why did they chose "Time Ranger" rather than "Rudabaga Ranger?" I guess I'll never know.

Mark

TerraDigger probably had the best explaination.

The logo on the side of the Time Ranger looks like a star shaped badge with an old west looking dude sporting two shooting irons. Perhaps he IS the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger and the machine is named after him.

Maybe because you use this detector to hunt relics from a wide "range" of "time". Just a simple play of words for a title.