Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Was The Vision Produced?

Water off of a ducks back coinnut. USMCGrunt tried to convince me, and others, on the XLT Forum that because I don't hunt with an XLT, I don't know nothing........yet he has never used a Vision and is now giving his expert advise to US? ...... :shrug: ...go figure.

usmcgrunt said:
sorry but its not a great machine for relics,,,,,,,,people surgar coat this site,,,,,,my buddy here in tenn. that spent the big bucks for the machine two weeks ago,,,,well we relic hunted saturday and sunday,,,,,guess what his 1700 dollar machine stayed home,,,,,,,he hunted with a beat up 1266 for the past two days,,,,no depth on deep bullets,,,,pinpoints fine if you are digging a trash can lid,,,,,,,,big let down in my opinion,,,,i always think the xlt was the best machine ever made,,,,,dfx not impressed again,,,ask joe who hunts rolla, mo,,,,,,this vision,,,,,,,you can call this thing an edsel,,,,,

I did a short relic hunt with mine in TN and had no problems on Sun hit any thing my buddy with a MXT could hit with the super 12 coil and I was hunting with the 10dd.
If you like the XLT set the vision to just the 7.5 and hunt that way. How can you say it is no good when I know you have not used it to its potential yet?

I tend to agree that real metal detector technology (depth and disc) peaked around 1990 and pretty much just bells and whistles added on after that..In my opinion the greatest machine whites had was 6000 series with the analog meters, they were the best machines of all the manufacturors...I had a 6000 DI pro that I bought out of the sears catalog in 1986 and I loved that machine..Plucked silvers out of every park I went too, it wasn't a deep deep machine but its disc was awesome, meter accuracy top notch..I got out of detecting around 1989 and just starting to get back into it...Bought a E-trac because of the depth( still learning it)...I considered the Vision but I'm not really sure if its any better then the 20 year old 6000 sl's and xl's you see on ebay going for big bucks..I really would like to see a 6000 pro sl or xl field tested against a vision..

I agree with EU on this one, there have been a couple of threads on what we would like to see from a new Whites machine and they've taken it on board, see a the link below.
I asked for a colour display ....done
Image rep of the object under the coil...kinda done too :)
A SD card to swap programs...Whites went further.
Wireless headphones was mooted by a couple of forum members...done

Not sure if mobile in-car charging is possible with the Vision and it doesn't have a GPS built in. Then again I'd like my girlfirend to look like Cindy Crawford but it ain't going to happen :)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?28,721559,page=1

Set

The 5900/6000 series and XL Pro are the best detectors Whites ever produced. That's why I still use them and will continue to use them. I haven't seen anything since the XL Pro from Whites or any manufacturer that has interested me. I need something more than bells and whistles to get my intention. I will continue to watch the Vision though as more people put in some field time.

n/t

I used to feel the same way about the White's Eagle Spectrum. I felt it was the best detector White's ever made, of course it helped that I used the Eagle for 12 years and had become very proficient with it. I had no choice but to admit the DFX was a better detector, and it was hard, after the DFX would continually pull coins out of the area where the Eagle had stopped producing. Many of the coins were not that deep, but yet the Eagle had failed where the DFX succeeded. Now with 6 years on the DFX I have no doubt the DFX is the better detector.

I owned a 6000/DI Pro xl and it was a great detector for the time. I think the Eagle is the same detector with digital controls.

youre a little wrong,,,i have swung the vision,,,,,about 20 hours of swinging it,,,,,,,the man who bought the vision,,,,about 40 years of relic hunting behind him,,,,,,and this same guy also sells whites and ill take his word anyday over a one sided forum,,,,,granted he doesnt teach any college classes on metal detecting,,,,and he wasnt a "field tester" ,,,,,something new comes out and you folks just think its the greatest,,,,,all those neat little things and colors on the screen,,,,,,and that ring you found,,,,you couldnt have found that with your dfx,,,,,,,,,give it another six months,,,,,,we'll be hearing a lot of different things on this forum,,,,,,,you'll be a little busy erasing all the negative comments,,,,,,,,

Davey boy,,,,its eating at you,,,,,go ahead,,,post something,,,,,whites wants your honest opinion,,,,,,,,come on give me some help here,,,,,,,,,,tell em how great it is on horse shoes and how its nearly impossible to find a cuff button,,,,,,,you remember the cuff button,,,,,,come on,,,whites wont cut off your supply of speaker decal stickers,,,,,,,,,

Com'on, 20 years of hunting and you base your opinion on a missed cuff button with a detector hardly 1 month in public hands? I have yet to see where any claims were made that the Vision is fantastic relic hunter. I do hunt relics now and then, but frankly, I couldn't give a toot about it being a great relic hunter. If I wanted a great relic hunter I'd buy another Minelabs Sovereign GT.

It's far too early to judge the Vision in my opinion. Time will be the honest judge

What a joke...20 hours on a detector that has been out two weeks...and became an expert on someone else's detector without a manual.

You are a .........Forgetaboutit

Jerry

usmcgrunt said:
youre a little wrong,,,i have swung the vision,,,,,about 20 hours of swinging it,,,,,,,the man who bought the vision,,,,about 40 years of relic hunting behind him,,,,,,and this same guy also sells whites and ill take his word anyday over a one sided forum,,,,,granted he doesnt teach any college classes on metal detecting,,,,and he wasnt a "field tester" ,,,,,something new comes out and you folks just think its the greatest,,,,,all those neat little things and colors on the screen,,,,,,and that ring you found,,,,you couldnt have found that with your dfx,,,,,,,,,give it another six months,,,,,,we'll be hearing a lot of different things on this forum,,,,,,,you'll be a little busy erasing all the negative comments,,,,,,,,

Davey boy,,,,its eating at you,,,,,go ahead,,,post something,,,,,whites wants your honest opinion,,,,,,,,come on give me some help here,,,,,,,,,,tell em how great it is on horse shoes and how its nearly impossible to find a cuff button,,,,,,,you remember the cuff button,,,,,,come on,,,whites wont cut off your supply of speaker decal stickers,,,,,,,,,

It is not your detector your buddy who owns it has said nothing you did not invest in one so play nice or GO AWAY. Said brand bashing would not be allowed this is brand bashing at its finest go play in the fisher fourm If you do not like the Vision that is up to you but you do not own one so your comments are void and useless.

Jason

You've said your piece and I own the forum so unless you feel the need to repeat yourself, which will result in you having a problem posting here again. Go play somewhere else. We've gotten your message. Glad you could come here and constantly share it.

You're one of the reasons forums end up having to ban people. They can't just say their piece. They have to follow up with more.

And I won't be getting back to you if you post here again. Enough said...

Guvner..

Well mabe they just made them for the top 2% of the well to do , i wonder whyso expensive at least garret got it right whith the ace 250 a detector for the avreage joe but the vision does seem to be a good machine wish i could aford one