Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Was The Vision Produced?

Seems to be a bunch of hostility on here, whats the deal? I come here to here from Vision owners and pick thier brain, see how it's working for them and all I find is a bunch of whinning from people that don't have one, have not tried one etc. I know it's just out but how about some real posts from some vision owners.

hey coinnut how ya been? I wasn't to sure if i should post after all the hoopla with the other grunt. Been on a long suspended break from swinging the DFX but i'm back now. Hope you havn't cleaned out all those cellar holes LOL ...This Vision sounds like a winner to me and i'm putting some ching together to try one out. I've moved out to Warren and already have found several good possibilities. Wanna get together and try them out just pm me. I still use those settings you help me with. Its called the Geo program and it was working until my vacation. good hunting :usmc:

I'd like to see all metal detector manufacturers tell their customers in detail what makes the new model better than last years model. Sure they tell you how great the new one is, but not how or why it is better than the prior model Vision vs DFX for example. Other than one freq and a fancy display screen, what makes the Vision better than the DFX? Is that the only thing that makes it better? Will it find coins/buttons/jewelry/gold 10% better? 20% better? If I'm going to spend $1699 I want to know how much better the new machine is vs. the new DFX I bought last year. Only then could I justify spending that kind of cash. If I'm only getting a color screen and no change in performance, I'll keep what I have.

PS - don't tell me that the Vision can identify targets better....big deal. You can dig and find out what is below the coil for free.

How EASY you over look the wireless part!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just the headphones.

You want info...but will not read what has been put out for you. :-(

Jerry

txbluzman said:
Wireless isn't worth the extra $$$

Well then GOOD :)

Jerry

txbluzman said:
I'd like to see all metal detector manufacturers tell their customers in detail what makes the new model better than last years model. Sure they tell you how great the new one is, but not how or why it is better than the prior model Vision vs DFX for example. Other than one freq and a fancy display screen, what makes the Vision better than the DFX? Is that the only thing that makes it better? Will it find coins/buttons/jewelry/gold 10% better? 20% better? If I'm going to spend $1699 I want to know how much better the new machine is vs. the new DFX I bought last year. Only then could I justify spending that kind of cash. If I'm only getting a color screen and no change in performance, I'll keep what I have.

PS - don't tell me that the Vision can identify targets better....big deal. You can dig and find out what is below the coil for free.

It is up to you to figure out if you want a detector or not. The manufacture makes the best detector they can and you buy it or don't. If you do not like it and do not have the money then don't buy it.
No use to get on here and whine about the price. If you want one get it I did. If you you are going to did every thing to see what it is a $300 to $400 detector will work just fine for you. the vision gives you more info than any other detector out there and has features no other detector has if you want these it will cost you. If you don't then stay with what you have. The wireless cost you $200 more and to me is one of my favorite features and well worth the $200.

Jason

The wireless is more than headphone. It is a way to connect ...never mind, you don't need it. :-(

Jerry

I think this is the silliest thread I've ever seen on this forum. Why there is 4 pages is beyond me. Why is the sky blue?

Hey, Glad your back posting!!! I'm saving my pennies too for one soon I hope. I should be hitting those tot lots instead of the cellar holes if I want to save enough for this puppy. Can't wait to be wireless. I love headphones now, but hate the wire. Glad you still have the program and I hope it works for you. Anytime during the week (Wed or Thurs) you can get together, would be great for me. Otherwise maybe I can get out on the weekend twice. ( I usually go out with the guys on one weekend day), but if I whine enough, maybe my wife will tell me to go out twice:rofl: Keep it touch. This machine is peeking my interests.

txbluzman said:

I think you'll get far better information listening to the people who buy a new detector, than from the manufacturers. Might also want to give one a whirl... nothing like hands-on. One thing to clarify... Vision is not a spin-off of DFX. It was designed brand new from the ground up.

If discrimination doesn't matter and digging is free, then all you need is a PI detector.

- Carl

I think the manufacturer will be biased on marketing a new machine. After all, they want the sales, it's new. If they compare it to their previous top of the line, they are not going to talk down the previous, just add what the new machine offers, if it's more bells and whistles, or something functional and affordable. Then it's up to customers to choose.
A car manufacturer offers several models - customers choose. Some want all the bells and whistles, others go basic. Nice to have a variety to choose for the folks out there.
I got interested fast on the Vision. Normally I would wait months on a new market product to get both biased and unbiased views. Then wait in part also includes any bugs unforeseen at the start. Most things that caught my interest, I'd wait typically 4-6 months to pull the trigger. But when it came to the Vision, from what I saw and what little I read, I pulled the trigger fast on it - oh, and my local dealer had the Vision available. The weather was spring like and the "I would like to try one" hit me suddenly. The screen with the color and additional informational tools - why I would like to try that.
So it happens. So now I have a small handful of machines from the single knob Tesoro Compadre to the White's Vision - simplistic no bells no whistles, to bells and whistles. They offer choices and I make my choices. My choices start from that it must be a major well known manufacturer & quality. Then things just go from there.

TN, Good luck with your Vision !

Jerry

Oh Boy. Not another.....why did they do that post.

I've seen that same question asked about every detector ever produced.

I've seen the same replies to those same questions for almost ever.

Lets face it. Some people will question everything and make for at least a very interesting psychological study.

The answer to the question is....."BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO!!!!!!!!"

I see the same thing with the car companies. The same questions...Why did they make it this way when it was so good that way.
Why did they make such an expensive whatever because not many can afford it.
Yada Yada Yada.

"BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO!!!!!!!!"

NOT FOR SURE BUT I HERE THEY MADE IT FOR US OLD FOLKS BECAUSE IT IS SO USER FRIENDLY. THANKS WHITES.:detecting::clapping: