Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why would I want to buy an old Explorer these days?

Sven

With all the new modern digital screen ID, multi-fuction, endless adjustment features that are hyped up as the greatest machines yet.
Why would I want to buy an old Explorer these days?

The closest I have gotten to owning such like detector was a Minelab Sov. XS and Elite about 20 years ago. Didn't keep them long.

BigTony

Dude, you asked this question on the NOX forum but no matter.

Just think a minute - you can buy a top of the line detector for a small price these days.
That technology is Terrific it just takes a little patience to learn what to adjust and what the sounds are telling you.

Tony

Sven

OOPS, no wonder why I couldn't find my post to check for replies. So I reposted a duplicate.

MikeO

Staff member
Why would I want to buy an old Explorer these days?”

Because you can find coins most other detectorists miss once you master the machine.
Newer machines doesn’t always equate to better machines!

woodbutcher

In a nutshell I'd sooner run a explorer and come home with a pouch full of coins instead of a pouch full of junk..The newer machines just have the most worthless feedback information as to what's in the ground when compared to the explorers.. I guess if you don't mind digging junk you'll never know.lol