Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHY YOU MUST BUY A T2 FROM FACTORY AUTHORIZED DEALERS:thumbup:

TerraDigger

We all want to buy our detectors for the lowest price possible. That is a normal buying habit. But do be aware that if you are planning on buying a T2 detector or any First Texas manufactured detector you need to purchase it from one of their authorized dealers. Why????........
Because if you don't, then you have NO WARRANTY....... The following quote is from the back page of the T2 manual...........
"Factory warranty follows the channel of distribution"
In plain english this means that if you don't buy from a authorized dealer, you have no warranty. This is to protect First Texas and their dealers, which I personally agree with.
So when you see one those really lowball prices on E*** or other sites, more than likely it is not a authorized dealer and you can kiss your warranty goodbye. Personally I don't mind paying a little extra for 5 years peace of mind plus it protects the honest dealers. Just my two wheat cents worth....

Disclaimer: I am not a dealer nor do I sell any type of metal detecting equipment or have any financial interests involving First Texas LLC

That might be one to call First Texas about and know for sure. I have an Omega and on the back of the owner's manual it shows the 5 year limited warranty and explains it, then below that there is a heading that says NOTE TO FOREIGN COUNTRY CUSTOMERS. Under this heading is where it talks about factory warranty follows the channel of distribution. You might be right, but to me it seems like that is for the foreign country customers. Maybe somebody on the forum has talked to First Texas and can give the straight skinny on this.:confused:

Disregard this post..I was wrong

Silverfox, you were correct. I called First Texas today. You Do Not have to buy from a authorized dealer for the warranty to be valid. I apologize to everyone for the mistake. I have emailed the webmaster requesting the original posting be deleted.

I think it's good information, this thread. I would still like to hear more from those speaking of "fake" T2's or "knock offs" as they've been called here. I'm a little confused, with two sellers on the auction site offering them under 700, and at least three websites having them listed under 600. The sellers on the auction site are offering them in factory sealed packages with a full five year warranty, the other three websites not listing a warranty.
Are these lower prices a result of overstock that they can't get rid of, or is there something to what others are saying about fakes, or knock offs?

Good question just dig......I started to guy one from Sales and Service(great feedback) for 645.00.....but decided to go with a local dealer for more money.....

I tracked down the person that took your call and unfortunately they gave you some miss information.

Only factory authorized dealers can offer a factory warranty for Fisher or Teknetics-or those dealers that purchased as an authorized dealer but are no longer authorized
If the dealer in question is not on our web site chances are they are not authorized so no warranty.

Its important to note that some dealers may sell through eBay or on-line under a different business name than what we have on the website so it is best to ask the seller if they are factory authorized or perhaps listed with the manufacturer under a different customer name if they are not on the website
There is also a chance that a dealer may have been unintentionally left off our website so we would encourage those dealers to contact us so they are recognized as authorized.

This keeps second hand units from being resold and customers being fooled by counterfeits.

Mike Scott
Director of Sales
First Texas products

Mr. Scott,

Thank you for your reply. On a personal note, I felt I had done my fellow detectorists a great disservice when I had to post a retraction of my original post. I was trying to keep them protected. I spent several years working with warranties and do understand the term "Factory warranty follows the channel of distribution".
I was rather suprised when told by the employee I spoke with that it was not neccessary to buy from a authorized dealer. Please don't go hard on the employee, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone...

Also, if First Texas reads this forum, perhaps you could ask Dave Johnson if he could address on the forum, the issues outlined in my post
"T2 version 6.5 software..What it really does." Alot of users of Teknetics product really would like answers.
Again, thank you for clarifying the warranty guidelines