Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why you should run and buy the Fisher F70.....

AndyNM

Hello guys,

just back from the field to compare the new Fisher F70 to the Fisher F75 and Minelab X-Terra 70.

For those who always wanted F75 power for a lower price...run and buy the F70, here is why :

1. If you set the F70 to speed SLOW it has the same punch as the F75 in the hot JE processing.
2. The F70 can fastgrab over salt in the All Metal mode, on the F75 you have to do it manually if the ground number is lower than 40.
3. If you set the F70 to DE speed it is DE no matter where you have your disc setting.
On the F75 it seems it has slow (JE) from disc 0 to 4 and fast (DE) from 5 to 19 and after 19 JE (slow) again. So DE processing on the F75 seems a mixture of the DE and slow speed of the F70.
4. You can set the DE or Slow speed in the All Metal Mode too. F75 has only one speed in motion all metal.
5. The interface is even easier to use than the interface of the F75.

The F75 still has some features the F70 does not have:

Static All Metal Mode , Manual GB to overwrite the fastgrab setting or offset pos. or neg. GB., Back-light, DD coil ..better for bad ground, depth on the fly meter, armrest can be adjusted by bending the "wings" .

You can see now that the F70 has some things the F75 does not have and the other way around. If you compare the price of the F70 ( $ 649) to the $999 of the F75, the F70 is a heck of a deal.

Believe me at $ 649 nothing from the competition comes close to that F70 package.

Get one before Fisher knows what they have done and raise the price.

Andy,NM

Thanks for your evaluation of the f70. Can you tell us how you felt about the comparison between the f70 anf X-terra 70?

The X-Terra did well for a 7.5 KHz frequency (standard coil) detector setup, but it IDed the ring at -4 in the ironrange and the ring was just 6" deep in mineralized soil. It was able to pick up the ring with the coil about 2" over the ground.

The F70 did much better, it IDed the ring at + 14 and I was able to get a signal with the coil 8" (!!!) over the ground.
I was in slow speed, Disc at 0, threshold at -3, sens at 80, single tone.

On the ground the ring reads 28 on the F70.

The signal on the X-terra feels so slow compared to the fast "bang" of the Fisher. Also the X-Terra feels heavier.

I have to say the X-Terra may have done better with a higher frequncy coil, because the F70 runs at 13 KHz and that may be the reason for the depth on the low conductive target.

Andy

If I recall that right you wanted to know how it does against the Whites MXT and Minelab X-Terra.

For the X-Terra read my above reply.

I don't have the MXT or M6 anymore , I sold it because the F75 did everything the MXT/M6 did and than some more.

The Whites don't have Notch, as many tone Id choices and they're heavier than the new Fishers. The 8 batteries on the Whites don't last as long as the 4 AA's on the Fishers.
Before the F75 showed up the Whites M6 was the detector i liked best.
It is still a fine detector if you use a DD coil on it.
The preamp gain on the Whites kick in at the end of the sensitivity range, not so on the F75/F70. You can control the gain no matter where you are in the sensitivity setting.

The Whites are David Johnson designs and he added some good ideas when he made the F75 and F70 with John Gardiner and the team.

Feel free to ask more questions if I didn't answer it all.

Andy,NM

If I go by my personal detector rating system the F70 scores more points than the MXT or X-Terra.

My 100 points system (10 max. for each category):

1. Features
2. Depth and stability
3. Discrimination und Notchsystem
4. Ease of use
5. Types of hunting that can be done with the detector
6. Weight and balance
7. Powerconsumption and operating costs
8. Build Quality
9. Warranty
10. Price and value

No matter how we set the points now for each detector some categories are more important then others depending on personal preferences.

For me weight and balance, depth and power consumption play a major role. I would take the F70 over the X-Terra or MXT any day.

Andy,NM

ANdy:
Are you suggesting that the F-75 can do just as good a job in prospecting for gold as the MXT?
Or were your refering to coin and jewelery only?

RR

"No matter how we set the points now for each detector some categories are more important then others depending on personal preferences."

Your 100 point system lists:

1. Features
2. Depth and stability
3. Discrimination und Notchsystem
4. Ease of use
5. Types of hunting that can be done with the detector
6. Weight and balance
7. Powerconsumption and operating costs
8. Build Quality
9. Warranty
10. Price and value

You indicate your's are "weight and balance, depth and power consumption".

Mine are Depth, Stability, Build Quality, Types of hunting (that can be done with the detector) and Functionality. (I prefer to use the term functionality instead of features as it indicates a useful purpose.) I don't lump Depth and Stability as one because some detectors offer them in "inverse proportions". Cranking up for more depth can result in more instability. Nor do I view "Price and value" as the same thing. Sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. Like you, I consider the Notch Discrimination system to be more beneficial than variable discrimination. But for those of us who hunt with little or no discrimination, it really don't matter. As far as warranty, it is only as good as the service provider. And, only of value if (and when) you need to use it. With that said, 5 years is longer than 2. And transferrable warranties can be a "plus" to those purchasing previously owned detectors. JMHO HH Randy

transferrable on Minelabs and Fishers. I know Whites are transferrable but don't know about Tesoro or any others. That's one of the reasons that if the price of an expensive detector ($500+) is within $100-$150 on a used machine vs a new one and the warranty is not transferrable, I'll buy a new one. HH

n/t

Function ability is sort of an umbrella word which can cover many topics. I'd say recovery speed,
ability to work in iron, target separation and ergonomics. The way a detector is built & its weight
is a big factor. If you are using one badly laid out & heavy, your recovery rate will be lower because
you need to stop & rest or you get sloppy.
You may have the best electronic marvel there is, but if you are worn out completely in a couple of hours,
someone with a less exotic though lighter detector will still be hunting and digging YOUR FINDS.
(Lets face this also, many moderately priced detectors will bring up deep coins+ not every GOOD FIND is
a foot deep.)

because many people do not know if they will like it. And its preferable to get a high dollar detector
used, with many features, then an inexpensive detector new that works so poorly it is DOOMED FOR THE CLOSET.

A warranty should be bind to the product no matter who owns it. That is the case in europe.
As long as you can prove the product in in the warranty time you have warranty in europe no matter if you are the first owner or not.
I know you can transfer the warranty with Whites and Tesoro fixes what ever they get in for repair for free, no matter if you are the first owner or not or how old the detector is.
I don't know how First texas is going to handle that in the future, but i see that they made a huge step forward on customer service.

Andy

The 70 is nice but i like a manual ground balance & fast grab of the 75. Or the option to use both