Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why you should run and buy the Fisher F70.....

good point!..case in point!..the lowly f2!..great separation,and a demon on shallow to moderate depth coins!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Andy I feel one of the problems with the warranty covering anyone that owns it for the period of warranty is that some try to open them up to tweak them and not sure what they are doing, or drop them in water and then puts them on the classified or E Bay and the next person that buys it has a problem and it is sent in to be told it is not covered as it is abuse and not a defect. Now that owner is mad and says many bad thing about the company and that detector and it was neither fault but the original owners fault.
You ever notice how many used detectors are sold with a blank warranty card?? I seen some detectors that are over 10 years old advertised with blank warranty cards and why I feel that First Texas now ask for the copy of the original sales slip when doing warranty work to see you are the original buyer. I also feel like Minelab and Tesoro does and if it is a defective part they may replace it free even if you are not the original buyer.
Why we have some of the warranty issues is the fact that the system has been abused and not being used as it was intended to be.
Got a F-70 in today of the updated ones and this detector looks very impressive and hope to take it out in a day or 2 and see what it can do, I know it sure runs quiet and air test coins better than many detectors that cost much more.
Rick

Are you talking about the GTA or GTAx 1250 from Garrett ?

They don't make them anymore, but they have the GTAx 1350, which i had when they came out.

The GTAx 1350 is heavy compared to the F70. It does not have as many tone ID choice or a true All Metal Mode as the F70.
The frequncy is lower too on the Garrett. The Garrett does not have a nice number system, it has only 24 blocks.

The F70 has better features and way more punch....and less weight ! Don't want to make the Garrett lock to bad , but if I have the choice between the two I don't need a second to grab the F70.

Andy

Thers is no such thing as a GTAx 1350. There is however a detector, the GTP 1350 which has the ability to size a target, along with other exclusive features. Also, there was only a GTAx 1250, which included both the Power Master Circuitry and the DSP chip. There was no GTA 1250. If you want any more information on other Garrett detectors, please don't hesitate to contact a multi-line dealer who also carries Garrett products. It's always good to get as much information about a detector before you make a decision and compare it to another. And Andy, you are correct, they don't manufacture the GTAx 1250 anymore.

Wow.. Im reading this post in JAN 2019.. How thing change!! The price today for a F75 is $499.00 vs. the F 70 at $649.00... I love my F75!!!

The current Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) of the F75 is $549

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/f75

The F70 is also sold as the Ameritek Patriot - it is available direct from Teknetics at $399 with a coupon any Teknetics dealer can furnish you.

My F70 seems to have modulated audio for both discrimination and all metal, if the threshold is set to zero and above. If the threshold is set below zero, then it is not modulated. Maybe the F75 is different.

Fisher F70 w/Fisher 11” DD and NEL Snake Coil
Fisher 1280-X w/8” Coil
Fisher F2 w/4”and 8”
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones
Garrett Z-Lynk

It has modulated audio in the form of the 1F mode....which is VCO tone...which gives a stronger tone for shallow or large targets...and a fainter tone for deep or small targets.

Dave Johnson has stated all Fishers and Teks have it in one fashion or the other.