Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wife out hunts me again

ahunter

Went to a nice older city park, the wife likes to hunt the playground areas. First coin she digs near a slippery slide is a 1/2 dollar. She's jumping up and down laughing "I found a half dollar", looked like an episode from "Diggers".
She uses a 705, stock 7.5 kHz coil, number 1 pattern with number 48 opened up. Tracking on and sensitivity just below the chatter point. At the end of the hunt she has 6 more coins than I do, no silver, I was lucky and pulled out a 1923 Mercury dime so I didn't feel to bad. If an area is being good to her she will hunt till its dark. We have a good time and that's what its all about.

Clad hunting is ok but I'll take a 1923 Merc over a bunch of clad any day. I'm glad their was a lil something there for the both of you, congrat's

Sounds like yall had a really good time. Nothing like being with family.

Weather you thought of it or not, this is well played on your part. If she's hooked and finding stuff, you get to go more! That is unless for some reason you like to go without her, then you're screwed! LOL

well done! id like to point out that some people might not be aware that the stock coil for the UK x-terra 705 is different from the stock coil on the US x-terra 705.the uk have the 7.5khz 10.5 inch dd coil and the US have the 9 inch 7.5khz concentric coil. will make a difference on comparisons especially in junky mineralised sites.

I have not used the Whites Coinmaster, is yours the GT model? I have a Minelab E-Trac and it seems every time the wife and I go out she will find more coins than I do. We just went out 8/3 to a baseball field and football field. All we found was modern coins she ended up with 45 coins to my 35. Out hunted?, I found 7 quarters, 8 dimes, 2 nickels & 13 pennies, she found 6 quarters,, 6 dimes & 33 pennies. I will tell you I know the E-Trac is a better machine than the X-Terra. When I use her X-Terra, I use pattern 4 which I have opened up to accept everything. I also use the multi tone setting, she likes the 4 tone setting. I also turn the sensitivity up as high as I can and keep it stable, ground tracking is on. We use the stock 7.5 kHz coil, have not yet purchased any other coils. The ground here in Nebraska USA is mild, low mineralization. May get a small 6 inch Double D for the high trash areas. Now days any detector from any of the top makers in the same price range will preform about the same. Do I think you wasted you money on the 705, No.

All detectors finds metal! Some better then others. I know the Xterra 705 is a great detector. I have had so much nice finds with that machine. Just use the right coil for the ground and XT will find any target as good as any top of the line model detector.

I have a friend that use a Etrac for a year know. He complains about his friend who just recently purchased a XT Goldpack,always find more coin then he do ,with his much more expensive detector. Xterra is worth every penny. She's good on land,but also in shallow water. I have used my Xterra for 3 years now. And I will never sell that machine.

Get used to it. I ALWAYS search in all metal mode,NEVER EVER any kind of discrimination. Multitone and sens that is right for the ground and on trashy sites ,slow down. And go low..
:)
Thats just my words.

Mike the Swede.