Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will AI lead to a Deus 3?

I like XP,,I’ll always own one . But from what Ive seen XP isn’t known for being much of a R&D company. There shafts were copied from Quest, same as minelab took the pod design from Quest and incorporated it into the equinox. Nokta followed that design too…XP copied the XY screen from AkA detectors , took the Hoda graph and called it XY, old screen hodagraph technology that AKA was using 20 years before XP was founded.. As for AI,,some company will come out with a way to use it, and XP will follow im sure

I'm not an expert on AI, but I struggle to imagine how it could be used to improve a detector's ID capabilities.

AI has to be trained on existing data. It's only as good as what you put into it. What constitutes a desirable target ID and sound varies from place to place. Here in the US, for example, I'm not likely to chase something with a TID of 28, since it's probably just some foil or a hot rock. But over in a farm field in Europe, you better go for it in case it's a tiny gold stater. On top of that, the same target can give different signals and TIDs based on mineralization, moisture levels, other items nearby, and so on.

You'd need a massive data collection operation to collect all of that just so that the AI would have something to learn from. I'm not sure who in the world of detecting is willing to dedicate the resources to a project like that. XP spent years developing GoTerrain, so I'm not holding my breath on any big AI push from them.

Radar chips are being added to phones so we don’t know where they will lead ,the state of the art always moves on as new components come along