Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will be comparing Manticore to my Nox 800

silvercoinboy

I have my Manti ready to go and I will be on the beaches and farm fields of Elba Italy during the last week of June. I will run both machines over the same ground (marked off) to see the difference with the Manti. Now, it will be the first use of the Manticore for me so I will not be as productive as with my 800 with 5 years of experience.

I am looking at depth on the beach and target ID. On the old farm fields I’m looking for target separation from ferrous and reaction to a highly mineralized soil as I look for old Roman and newer items.

I’ll give updates with photos

Enjoy the challenge. Wishing I could be there. My oldest is a Roman coin, 282-286 Emp. Carus 1686648863746.pngusing a Whites 6000DI way back in 1982. I'm sure you will have geat stories to post.

I had both the 900 and Manticore the 900 is better than the 800 for sure now I run the manticore and D2 the 900 and manticore are very similar from my finding
Mark
Interesting. Are you seeing better targets in irony areas with the Manti than the 900?

So first thoughts after about 10 hours comparing the 800 Not and the Maticore:
-Love the 2d screen
-Manticore is more noisy than the 800, keeps popping
-Not as hot on Cupronickel coins as the 800
-Great separation in irony area
-Manti is hot on small aluminum
-love the new earphones
-Waiting for the big coil for the Manti
-much more rugged build

Thanks bought the 800 shortly before they released the Manticore . It’s just now coming in stock. Could buy one but should I wait until it’s out a year to see if any minor changes ( bugs worked out)?

Thanks bought the 800 shortly before they released the Manticore . It’s just now coming in stock. Could buy one but should I wait until it’s out a year to see if any minor changes ( bugs worked out)?
I usually do the same thing, I wait about a year after bugs and fixes have been done. Looks like some fine tuning needs to be done anyways.