Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will Deus 1 be obsolete?

Trance

I had a Deus for a few years then sold it and bought an Equinox 800 when they first came out. Since then I've had back surgery and really haven't done too much detecting. My plan is to start back up this spring and I really want another Deus but don't want to break the bank on the new Deus 2. My question is will the DEUS 1 be obsoleted now that the DEUS 2 is out? I can pick up a used Deus 1 for half the price of the 2 but don't want to do that if it's going to be an obsoleted detector. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been brought up.

I really don't think so, I went out yesterday at the local park with the D2 and found the same stuff I would have found with the D1. Maybe it's because I know the D1 better? I bought mine for the waterproof and beach features and haven't tried it there yet so we shall see. I think the D1 is lighter too.

Not according to XP.

Someone copied a post made on FB (not sure which forum) by XP - basically saying the Deus (1) would continue in their lineup and would receive updates. The Deus (1) is roughly $500 less than the Deus II so that's a significant difference in price.

I think XP could make a dent in the mid-price range by offering a few improvements (updates) for the ORX - more tone options and the ability to set tone breaks. Those few updates would make the ORX a better coin hunter - and that's a big chunk of the US market.

Agreed, the Deus 1 will not be obsolete. Still a top notch unit, especially in iron, Only the D2 surpasses it in iron.

I'm not getting rid of mine even after I get a Deus 2.

Right now, you can order a brand new Deus I (with MI-6 pointer, in some cases) for just under $1000. Meanwhile, an Equinox 800 will set you back almost the exact same amount even though the Deus has better ergonomics and leaves the Equinox in the dust in iron.

I don't know whether this was intentional or not on XP's part, but that alone has made the Deus I more competitive with other machines. As long as they keep offering updates, it'll be a solid competitor at that price point.

After buying my first xp detector which is the deus 2 and using it l've decided I also want a deus 1. I can't see deus 1 being obsolete.
The first time I saw a xp detector I thought they wouldn't be around for long 🤣. The metal detectors I am more familiar with are history now 🤣. My Tesoro Tejon is now my back up with its much loved dual discriminator.

I had a Deus for a few years then sold it and bought an Equinox 800 when they first came out. Since then I've had back surgery and really haven't done too much detecting. My plan is to start back up this spring and I really want another Deus but don't want to break the bank on the new Deus 2. My question is will the DEUS 1 be obsoleted now that the DEUS 2 is out? I can pick up a used Deus 1 for half the price of the 2 but don't want to do that if it's going to be an obsoleted detector. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been brought up.
I would say wait awhile then buy a used Deus 2 the equinox works dang well save the money for gas to go detecting!
Mark

There's a few on the auction site online If i didn't already have one i would get another, I can't see it being obsolete just yet. Yup i agree that price is a killer on the deus 2 as everything is going up
in price i'm holding off for a while on that deus 2 as my money is going to be needed for gas, food, and ammo. I'm happy with my deus 1 with 3 coil's and you just cannot beat the weight of it period.

I would say wait awhile then buy a used Deus 2 the equinox works dang well save the money for gas to go detecting!
Mark
I think you are right. I was about to pull the trigger on a Deus 1 but holding off and getting a Deus 2 once things settle down seems like a better decision. Thanks

some d2 owners on fb are saying the d2 is no deeper then a d1. they are both able to find the same finds on a hunt when a head to head is tried in the field

Anyone looking for Deus? I have one for sale, comes with 3 coils, MI 6 PP and a case. Of course ALL the cables and accessories as original. Used VERY little!

some d2 owners on fb are saying the d2 is no deeper then a d1. they are both able to find the same finds on a hunt when a head to head is tried in the field
I haven't seen seen anyone say that it is actually deeper at all but but I have heard suggestions that that the ID is is better deeper. Perhaps someone can confirm.

As far as the platform itself. Yep it is obsolete. It can still sell though. If Xp comes out with Hf elliptical coil for Deus 2 then it really is time for Deus 1 to be classified as obsolete.
Did at max obsolete at pro ?
Probably.
But at pro still can be bought.
Can a Deus 1 user locate tonally everything a Deus new 2 user can ? Using same size coils? Nope. Deus 1 round Hf 9” coil won’t help in either of these tests. Both deus 1 (LF coil) and deus 2 had 9” coils on them. Sweeping from same direction in the wild.
Did a couple videos. Now if test was with just coin(dime) and nail then 9” Hf coil would indeed help Deus 1 performance.
One video in daylight one in dark.
Video in dark same as daylight version except nail was added to same plane as dime (foil still elevated). Like in first video.
Deus 2 dominates.
I’ll post both vids here.

Last edited:
Maybe a DEUS 2 is better ... BUT ... All the videos I have seen they stand there pushing this setting then they have to push this setting .. JUST .. to get a inch deeper .. I will turn my DEUS 1 on and go detect while you stand there pushing buttons .. If my DEUS 1 does not tone on that target oh well there is millions of other targets waiting to be dug up

And the AT Pro can find the same targets as the AT Max..

I don’t push many buttons using Deus 2 when detecting . Deus 2 is supposed to be better, it costs more. Duh!
I still have my Deus 1. Dam good detector too. I have posted a lot on this forum talking about Deus 1 last 6 years.

I'm very happy with the Deus 1. I'm buying a 2 because I'm only 5 minutes from the beach. If I lived farther inland I'd just stick with the 1.