Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will Deus 1 be obsolete?

I am Keeping my d1 also till they get the BUGS out of the d2.. then maybe but I love the d1 and think I will keep her.

I was going to hold out and get the Deus 2 once things settle down but found a Deus 1 for less than half the cost and pulled the trigger. I'm in Colorado and don't do any water detecting so the Deus 1 should be
fine. I just hope XP doesn't put all of their focus on the D2 and none on the D1.

From Merriam-Webster, the definition of obsolete --"no longer in use or no longer useful"! I guess I am out of touch but I still consider my Compadre useful and if one certain test "proves" another detector is "obsolete", I can "prove" the Compadre "obsoletes" the Deus 2.

Definition B is closer to what I was referring to. I work in electrical distribution and see things obsoleted all the time. LED lighting is a good example. Last year we carried 3 different lights that were all the same except each one gave off a different color temperature of light. This year the same manufacturer obsoleted the 3 fixtures we were carrying and started making a single fixture with a switch that allows you to select the color temperature light you want. Now instead of carrying 3 different fixtures we carry one.

From Merriam-Webster.
a: no longer in use or no longer useful : an obsolete word
b: of a kind or style no longer current : OLD-FASHIONED an obsolete technology

I can say this from a “Deus1 newbie” point of view, having bought a new one about a month ago. The X35 9” coil is one bad mother. I’ve been using multi freq machines for 7 years and the ONE absolutely CRIPPLING factor in a great deal of my hunting is EMI. EEE…MMM…III. When I had the Equinox 800….EMI. It does me NO good to turn sens down in places where the old coins start at 7” deep. We’ll see how things go, hopefully someone close to me gets a D2 and can show that EMI doesn’t affect IT as much as the Minelabs. For now I’m thinking the D1 is still viable…for now.

I know the Deus 1 isn't discontinued. All I'm saying is I hope XP doesn't put all of their focus on the Deus 2 and put the Deus 1 on the back burner. My Deus 1 was just delivered about an hour ago and can't wait to get out tomorrow and put it to use.

Speaking only as a beach hunter, I’d say yes…the D2 far outclasses the D1. I had a D1 several years ago and it just couldn’t handle a salt water beach so I sold it. Used only Minelabs until the D2 was fielded. The D2 is now my detector of choice.

From Merriam-Webster, the definition of obsolete --"no longer in use or no longer useful"! I guess I am out of touch but I still consider my Compadre useful and if one certain test "proves" another detector is "obsolete", I can "prove" the Compadre "obsoletes" the Deus 2.
Spot on bud,i can also prove the same with my 30 year old design non motion C Scope 1220xd that is still in production to this day lol.Old tech but still useful.👍
20220325_200232.jpg

As far as the platform itself. Yep it is obsolete. It can still sell though. If Xp comes out with Hf elliptical coil for Deus 2 then it really is time for Deus 1 to be classified as obsolete.
Did at max obsolete at pro ?
Probably.
But at pro still can be bought.
Can a Deus 1 user locate tonally everything a Deus new 2 user can ? Using same size coils? Nope. Deus 1 round Hf 9” coil won’t help in either of these tests. Both deus 1 (LF coil) and deus 2 had 9” coils on them. Sweeping from same direction in the wild.
Did a couple videos. Now if test was with just coin(dime) and nail then 9” Hf coil would indeed help Deus 1 performance.
One video in daylight one in dark.
Video in dark same as daylight version except nail was added to same plane as dime (foil still elevated). Like in first video.
Deus 2 dominates.
I’ll post both vids here.
Can you tell me how big the foil was and how much higher than the dime it was.Cheers.

Squirrel,what if i said to you i know of a detector that can tonally pick up a dime that is 1 inch away from a nail lengthways on to it and an inch above it and also a piece of aluminium on the same plane to the other side of the dime.What if i then said that when the coil is swept over all three targets it will give a different tone for each target accurately......low grunt for iron,mid tone for the aluminium and high tone for the dime.what if i then said i could raise the aluminium piece 1 inch above the dime and still get the same accurate tones......with the high tone giving a much stronger resonse than the deus.Would you think i was fantasizing😊😊

I also know of a detector that will pick up a dime 1.5 inches below two nails that are just over 1 inch apart and lengthways on to the dime.......i would be interested to see if the deus 2 can do that........the deus isn't the only machine that can perform these feats.

Squirrel,what if i said to you i know of a detector that can tonally pick up a dime that is 1 inch away from a nail lengthways on to it and an inch above it and also a piece of aluminium on the same plane to the other side of the dime.What if i then said that when the coil is swept over all three targets it will give a different tone for each target accurately......low grunt for iron,mid tone for the aluminium and high tone for the dime.what if i then said i could raise the aluminium piece 1 inch above the dime and still get the same accurate tones......with the high tone giving a much stronger resonse than the deus.Would you think i was fantasizing😊😊
What signals does said detector pick up when submerged to 20 meters?🤣

Joking aside i will make a video in the near future showing said detector doing exactly what i said it does........i wasn't making this up.It's still a crock of shite though as such tests done above the ground and not on buried targets are completely worthless.What shall i call the video.......i know....."embarrass the deus 2"😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂proves how much you know😂😂😂😂😂😂
You are correct. I don't know a lot about fmf but in the two weeks I have used deus 2 I know I like it a lot. I have a rather large back yard that was many years ago used as a nursery (flower shop). I have gridded the yard with other detectors and deemed it coin free. Every time I wonder around back there with deus 2 I find 4 or five more coins. It totally amazes me how you can here all these differing sounds around the coin but still identify the coin and its numbers on the screen and as proof the things with different sounds and values on the screen sometimes appear with the target in the dirt. I can't be sure about their orientation in regards to the coin. I will leave this up to you guys.
Detecting is just one of my favorite hobbies. At 67 I still enjoy shooting sports, fast motorcycles, archery competitions, riding horses, and ancient Indian artifact hunting. It's all fun and exciting to me.
I may not know everything about metal detectors but I know how to ruffle so.e feathers. Peace Amigo.🤣🤣🤣