Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the Vanquish enough to replace my MXT?

Maybe there's a dealer near you to try out the different machine's.
And bring the MXT to compare.
One thing I'll note.
The Legend talks to me like the MXT.
It's tonality is very reminiscent of the MXT.
Watch videos and listen.
My Manticore which has sounds like All the Minelabs. To flutty to me.
I have to run 4 or 6 tone to hear it well.
Yup. My hearing is wasted.
I would get the pro package for the Legend.
Two coils and cordless headphones.
I love the headphones. They even pair with my phone.
Quite comfy too.
And cheaper than the nox.
You'd probably run all metal for relics on any of the machine's. And single low frequency.

For more info on all metal do a search on:
"So An Mcore, Deus 2, And T2 Go For A Walk At The Bullet Site"

I would guess the all metal mode on your MXT is more like the T2's than the Manticore, Deus 2 and Legend.

I think I mentioned before... I'm also a die hard MXT user... My toss up was the Nokta Makro Simplex+... and The X-Terra Pro... My Wife's Budget for me was smaller to work with... The final pin for me was that I started seeing complaints about warranty service for Nokta... It's not that Mine Lab doesn't also have Their own issues... But ultimately... It was the Devil I knew... And if I had the Xtra Cash.... I would've pony'd up for the Equinox 800... but There's only so much my backside can take when the wife starts breaking things against it...

I'd go with the 900 or the Manticore.
I have the Manticore and Legend.
Still learning both. Can't give much advice there.
I've had the MXT for 15 yrs. Still love it.
Always comes with. It comes out in bad EMI areas.
Though my Tesoro Mojave is still the smoothest in EMI. Just not deep like the other's.

Back with a few more questions.
How “bad” are the coil ears to break on the 600/800 series?
I‘ve seen reviews say the 600/800 biggest flaw is the coil ears.

Also, comparatively, Is the 600 a better machine than the Vanquish?
The vanquish runs 5hz, 10hz, 15hz, 20hz & 40hz
The 600/700 don’t have 20hz or 40hz.

Would I loosing anything by buying a 600/700 over the Vanquish?

I have to be honest, the Legend seems like a steal for the price.
But I’ve been bitten by the “You get what you pay for“ so many times I am a bit skeptical.
The videos I watched on each, the Legend seemed a bit more “unstable“ with the ID jumping around more on good targets.

The biggest thing keeping me from buy a 540 is the 5 tone breaks are not adjust.

Nokta quality.
I first bought the Simplex roughly two years ago.
It blew my mind for $320 buks.
The Legend build is even tougher.
So far I'm really liking the Legend over the Manticore. Except for the paint screen.
I don't know how any machine will perform on relics. Looking for iron. Not rejecting it like most everything made today.
You really need to try out those machines on the objects you primarily seek.

I'd be happier if you took the time to actually try them out. Than hear how upset you are because of a bad fit for you.

Search around on the forum.
Ask if anyone is near you to try them out.
Most of us oldies would be happy to help.
If I'm less than a couple hundred miles away I'd be happy to let you try them both.

Back with a few more questions.
How “bad” are the coil ears to break on the 600/800 series?
I‘ve seen reviews say the 600/800 biggest flaw is the coil ears.

Would I loosing anything by buying a 600/700 over the Vanquish?

I have to be honest, the Legend seems like a steal for the price.
But I’ve been bitten by the “You get what you pay for“ so many times I am a bit skeptical.
The videos I watched on each, the Legend seemed a bit more “unstable“ with the ID jumping around more on good targets.

The biggest thing keeping me from buy a 540 is the 5 tone breaks are not adjust.

Some have broken the ears on multiple coils. Others (me, for example) have never had a coil ear break. It does seem as though frequent water-hunters experience more coil-ear breakages.

The 600 has more features, more adjustability, and is waterproof (some claim that last part is questionable).
The 600 has the same frequencies and can operate all but 40hz as a single frequency.
The Vanquish (the 440 anyway) cannot operate in a single frequency. (Not sure about the 540)

You'd lose the ability to buy batteries from the local convenience store (choosing the Nox over the Vanquish).

The Legend is worth every penny and a lot more. I own a Nox 800 and a Legend (and a Vanquish 440, and 5 other detectors) and my favorite is the Legend. I think it outperforms the Nox 800 and the build quality is clearly superior to the Nox 800. I do like the 800; it's a very capable machine, I just think the Legend is more capable.

For me, if the Legend was the same price as the Nox 900, I'd still buy the Legend.

I never used the MXT but I did own a number of Whites machines (and loved them). I think you'll find that any of the detectors mentioned will be much lighter in weight, much easier to swing, and probably have a much faster recovery speed. I think you'd find that multi-frequency detectors offer a fairly big advantage when hunting in mineralized environments. There are times when single frequencies offer an advantage too - which (to me) is a strike against the Vanquish.

Call Richard (Backwoods Detectors). He is a sponsor here and he's in TN. He has used all of the detectors mentioned and likely knows a good bit about the soil conditions where you plan to hunt. He can tell you how well each detector will work in the conditions you'll encounter. He'll also treat you more than fair.

The Vanquish runs none of these. Its SMF uses three frequencies. There are three different processes but no single frequency options like the Nox, Legend, or Deus 2.

Nokta quality.
I first bought the Simplex roughly two years ago.
It blew my mind for $320 buks.
The Legend build is even tougher.
So far I'm really liking the Legend over the Manticore. Except for the paint screen.
I don't know how any machine will perform on relics. Looking for iron. Not rejecting it like most everything made today.
You really need to try out those machines on the objects you primarily seek.

I'd be happier if you took the time to actually try them out. Than hear how upset you are because of a bad fit for you.

Search around on the forum.
Ask if anyone is near you to try them out.
Most of us oldies would be happy to help.
If I'm less than a couple hundred miles away I'd be happy to let you try them both.
Thanks for replying.
BTW, I’m in East Tennessee

Where are you?
Some have broken the ears on multiple coils. Others (me, for example) have never had a coil ear break. It does seem as though frequent water-hunters experience more coil-ear breakages.

The 600 has more features, more adjustability, and is waterproof (some claim that last part is questionable).
The 600 has the same frequencies and can operate all but 40hz as a single frequency.
The Vanquish (the 440 anyway) cannot operate in a single frequency. (Not sure about the 540)

You'd lose the ability to buy batteries from the local convenience store (choosing the Nox over the Vanquish).

The Legend is worth every penny and a lot more. I own a Nox 800 and a Legend (and a Vanquish 440, and 5 other detectors) and my favorite is the Legend. I think it outperforms the Nox 800 and the build quality is clearly superior to the Nox 800. I do like the 800; it's a very capable machine, I just think the Legend is more capable.

For me, if the Legend was the same price as the Nox 900, I'd still buy the Legend.

I never used the MXT but I did own a number of Whites machines (and loved them). I think you'll find that any of the detectors mentioned will be much lighter in weight, much easier to swing, and probably have a much faster recovery speed. I think you'd find that multi-frequency detectors offer a fairly big advantage when hunting in mineralized environments. There are times when single frequencies offer an advantage too - which (to me) is a strike against the Vanquish.

Call Richard (Backwoods Detectors). He is a sponsor here and he's in TN. He has used all of the detectors mentioned and likely knows a good bit about the soil conditions where you plan to hunt. He can tell you how well each detector will work in the conditions you'll encounter. He'll also treat you more than fair.

Thanks for replying.
I will check out backwood.
Kellyco is less than 20 mins from me.
But they don’t have an actual storefront you can go in and look.

I was hoping they did, as I would love to at least hold each one.

I have a question, where did you get the info that the vanquish is running 5,10,15,20 &40 kHz ? Cause minelab has never answered that question anywhere that I saw,they’ve kept the vanquish frequencies a secret ,aside from calling it multi IQ which dosent give any info on what frequencies are being used at any given time.. if you did read it somewhere from minelab let me know,I might of missed it. Thanks

I have a question, where did you get the info that the vanquish is running 5,10,15,20 &40 kHz ? Cause minelab has never answered that question anywhere that I saw,they’ve kept the vanquish frequencies a secret ,aside from calling it multi IQ which dosent give any info on what frequencies are being used at any given time.. if you did read it somewhere from minelab let me know,I might of missed it. Thanks

Go down to the Multi-IQ section

IMG_0225.jpeg

As of now, I think it going to be the Legend I choose.
But I am considering the 700.
You are definitely better off going with the nokta legend over vanquish for sure. I've had the equinox 600 and 800, both good machines and on the same level as the Legend imo.. Never had a equinox 700..
The information you posted tho about the vanquish frequencies is someone's personal review and opinions on the vanquish, I saw he said that the frequencies are 5,10,15,20 and 40 but that's his opinion based on the equinox 800 since it too uses multi IQ with those 5 frequencies ,,but minelab has never openly stated they incorporated 5 frequencies in the vanquish,or anything on the frequencies used for that matter... Could only be two or three frequencies in the vanquish for all we know.

You are definitely better off going with the nokta legend over vanquish for sure. I've had the equinox 600 and 800, both good machines and on the same level as the Legend imo.. Never had a equinox 700..
The information you posted tho about the vanquish frequencies is someone's personal review and opinions on the vanquish, I saw he said that the frequencies are 5,10,15,20 and 40 but that's his opinion based on the equinox 800 since it too uses multi IQ with those 5 frequencies ,,but minelab has never openly stated they incorporated 5 frequencies in the vanquish,or anything on the frequencies used for that matter... Could only be two or three frequencies in the vanquish for all we know.

What frequencies does the 600/700 use in Mult-IQ?
I know you can select 20, or 40 as a single frequency.
But in Mult-IQ I’ve read it does use 20 and 40 to help unmask targets.
I can not confirm this, as the information was not from Minelab.

What frequencies does the 600/700 use in Mult-IQ?
I know you can select 20, or 40 as a single frequency.
But in Mult-IQ I’ve read it does use 20 and 40 to help unmask targets.
I can not confirm this, as the information was not from Minelab.
Here is a pic of the multi IQ scale for the 600 and 800.. When these machines first came out it was a big debate on the 600 running all 5 frequencies when in multi, like the 800 does..Minelab was specific about the 600 only having 3 frequencies so I never understood why guys didnt understand multi IQ in the 600 was only running the 3 frequencies and not 5 like the 800..But look at the picture… if you want a equinox with all 5 frequencies you’ll hafto get a 800

Attachments

• IMG_1509.png
    IMG_1509.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 74
Here is a pic of the multi IQ scale for the 600 and 800.. When these machines first came out it was a big debate on the 600 running all 5 frequencies when in multi, like the 800 does..Minelab was specific about the 600 only having 3 frequencies so I never understood why guys didnt understand multi IQ in the 600 was only running the 3 frequencies and not 5 like the 800..But look at the picture… if you want a equinox with all 5 frequencies you’ll hafto get a 800

I guess some dealers don’t know either?
KellyCo says the 700 uses 20 and 40 in Mult-IQ
I have to say, the more you read about these things, the less people seem to know.
I guess the best thing for me to do is pick one and learn it. Learn all about it with actual use.

Thanks again everyone for helping answer my questions.

The White’s MXT has one of the best ground tracking systems ever employed on a metal detector. The algorithm code was written by Dave Johnson and is shared with the White’s GMT, which is designed for gold hunting in mineralized soil. The MXT is among the best detector’s that White’s ever designed. The Vanquish has a “fixed” ground balance, hence no ground tracking capability. If you’re a relic hunter I would suggest going with a true ground balancing detector such as the Legend or Equinox.

Could only be two or three frequencies in the vanquish for all we know.
In my post above showing the actual frequencies on an oscilloscope was posted by Carl NC, a metal detecting engineer who designed among other the XP M5 and M6, the Tekpoint, the F-Pulse, and the TRX. I trust him more than KelleyCo and undercoil.com. I don't believe Minelab or Nokta either one have shown oscilloscope results.