Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will we ever see aftermarket coils for the Equinox?

Simpsonslammer

The Equinox has been out for quite awhile now. Thought I'd see some after marker coils come out. Whats the deal here?

The Equinox has been out for quite awhile now. Thought I'd see some after marker coils come out. Whats the deal here?
This is a complicated question...! Intellectual patents might play into this.? Minelab has had great success with their Equinox 600 & 800 series.! So why spoil a good thing..! The development of different coils for this series, may, ..? or may not..?? throw their sales into a downward pitch. And when you're riding High,.. Why spoil a good thing..! Aftermarket companies May produce better coil... but there are legal ramifications to this. The bottom line is...!!!

Minelab will produce the best product it can with the most advantageous coils for the Equinox series, too maintain their Edge and their PROFITS... protect their intellectual patents...if they have any..?
This is my 2- Cents..!!

I’m thinking minelab should produce more coils themselves! The vanquish has a sweet coil and it’s using multi IQ so what’s up ML? The machine desperately needs an elliptical coil IMO. Hunting thick woods or stubble with large round coils sucks. I would love a solid 10x5DD with no opening for twigs and crap. I hunt rough country and the stock coil is just a snagging mess. A small elliptical like a Cors shrew 6.5x3.5 would be great too.
Sometimes I wish they’d make an optional solid coil cover for machines. For certain sites it would be more productive to get a full swing more often without hanging up.

I’m thinking minelab should produce more coils themselves! The vanquish has a sweet coil and it’s using multi IQ so what’s up ML? The machine desperately needs an elliptical coil IMO. Hunting thick woods or stubble with large round coils sucks. I would love a solid 10x5DD with no opening for twigs and crap. I hunt rough country and the stock coil is just a snagging mess. A small elliptical like a Cors shrew 6.5x3.5 would be great too.
Sometimes I wish they’d make an optional solid coil cover for machines. For certain sites it would be more productive to get a full swing more often without hanging up.
A 6.5x3.5 coil may be productive in your area.... but you have to look at it from their perspective... a coil of this size might be a very small limited market. I'm sure they're looking at all factors.... But the bottom line is that DOLLAR / Sales factor.

But I do agree with you that In some respects... I would like to see a different coil for the Equinox series. The stock coil on my wife's Vanquish 540 Pro would be a welcome edition to my Equinox Detector. In my opinion..!

Last edited:
I dunno what the deal is---but----I'd SURE LIKE to have a 5X10" coil for the Equinox!----Coiltek put one out for the CTX---how come not the Equinox???
An 8" of any kind, preferably a Detech 8x6." It just makes a ton of difference to swing a larger coil than a 6" coil. The Equinox factory coil is HOT! It just needs to feel like a bigger coil, if that makes any sense.

[QUOTE="IowaRelic, post: 2289538, member: 47106".
[/QUOTE]

That's a great suggestion for all machines!

A 6.5x3.5 coil may be productive in your area.... but you have to look at it from their perspective... a coil of this size might be a very small limited market. I'm sure they're looking at all factors.... But the bottom line is that DOLLAR / Sales factor.

But I do agree with you that In some respects... I would like to see a different coil for the Equinox series. The stock coil on my wife's Vanquish 540 Pro would be a welcome edition to my Equinox Detector. In my opinion..!
Coils don’t cost them much to make and they can make them as demand dictates. They have the molds. If coils were so area reliant, why is NM producing such a stellar selection for their machines? The Kruzer/Anfibio have one of the best selections of coils on the market, all right from the manufacturer.

I agree on the coil selection for the Kruzer/Anfibio. They may be a small company but they make great products. And best of all can turn on a dime. It often happens a company grow to large and there focus is not where it should be. Company's need to remember what got them to be where they are. The customer the end user of there products. I worked for Pepsi for 30 years we new and talk about it all the time when they stop drinking our products we would be without a job. The company today looks nothing like it did 20 years ago. It was always about what the customer wanted. New SKU's just stay ahead of everyone else.

I dunno what the deal is---but----I'd SURE LIKE to have a 5X10" coil for the Equinox!----Coiltek put one out for the CTX---how come not the Equinox???
I had a 5x10 for my XTerra 70 and loved it and I could cover tight spots and some ground with it.
If minelab ever comes up with one I want to be a test person because I couldn’t afford one now at my age.
The 5 x 10 DD would be the best coil that Minelab could ever produce for the Equinox.
Doug

Coiltek 6 by 8 for my etrack was a great coil.
Yes but the 8 inch you cant cover much of an are. Thats why I like the 5x10. Two inch makes a bid differance.

I allmost allways used the NEL Sharpshooter on my Safari. The 8x6 Butterfly was another good one

I think Minelab wants to sale you an Equinox and a Vanquish. I have been leaving the nox at home and using the Vanquish with the 10 " coil.

I like the coils the way they are 6, 10 and 15.
I would also agree that the coils should be solid no holes to get stuff caught inside of them.

I would like to see a quick connect wire to the head. Push in and pull out in order to change coils and shafts.
Tony

I like the coils the way they are 6, 10 and 15.
I would also agree that the coils should be solid no holes to get stuff caught inside of them.

I would like to see a quick connect wire to the head. Push in and pull out in order to change coils and shafts.
Tony
Big Tony. No big deal with the holes.
Every time I came back from the beach sand just pores out of my coil and if that sand got wet the coil got heavier.
I pulled my skid cover off and filled every opening with silicon and let it dry overnight. Problem solved.
Doug

Good idea Doug
Ill do that this winter.
I pulled my covers off a long time ago
Above post was about the spaces in between the surface area of the coil not below it
Tony

I contacted Nel and they informed me they would be making some coils for the equinox but Did not say when.

I totally agree with you on the solid coil cover. No more snags!! Works for me!