Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter Detecting!

JAN1

Just got my 12 year old Vibra Probe ready for my winter detecting on my local beaches, digging in the sand and rock pools. Only took me 1.5hrs sitting in the sun shine to shave last years protection off and replace it with new Resin Putty as the tip had worn right down to the tip.

Attachments

• DSCN0634.JPG
    DSCN0634.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0635.JPG
    DSCN0635.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 53
Just got my 12 year old Vibra Probe ready for my winter detecting on my local beaches, digging in the sand and rock pools. Only took me 1.5hrs sitting in the sun shine to shave last years protection off and replace it with new Resin Putty as the tip had worn right down to the tip.
I use chair tips they come in all different sizes seems like a lot of work there
Mark

I use chair tips they come in all different sizes seems like a lot of work there
Mark
The reason I use this method as most of my detecting is done in rock pools full of shingle and sand so I can use the probe to dig right down to the bottom of the hole, as the probe is so old the copper coil is showing through the protective coating so I don't think a rubber grommet would last long. Been out twice this week looking for a valuable ring no luck but over 40 fishing weights and some coins all found on rock pools.

The reason I use this method as most of my detecting is done in rock pools full of shingle and sand so I can use the probe to dig right down to the bottom of the hole, as the probe is so old the copper coil is showing through the protective coating so I don't think a rubber grommet would last long. Been out twice this week looking for a valuable ring no luck but over 40 fishing weights and some coins all found on rock pools.
well if your finding sinkers gold should be around.
Mark

Went out to one of my 300 beaches in Cornwall the other day and there were so many fishing weights in a small area of a washed out beach that I didn't even need to stand up but of course the detector started to play up and had to stop. Found out the reason, it was the headphones, I think the on off switch was sticking so out with the WD40 and left them soak for a couple of days, seem to be working now. Shall try again on the next good tides and hopefully Gold.

Went out to one of my 300 beaches in Cornwall the other day and there were so many fishing weights in a small area of a washed out beach that I didn't even need to stand up but of course the detector started to play up and had to stop. Found out the reason, it was the headphones, I think the on off switch was sticking so out with the WD40 and left them soak for a couple of days, seem to be working now. Shall try again on the next good tides and hopefully Gold.
Peavey Funk Out works very well on cleaning and protecting switch's and rheostats.
Get it at music shops and I believe Amazon has it.
Made for cleaning electronics in guitar's.