Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

winter errrrrrrr

798hand

cold frozen ground errrrrr
i know its time for research but com-on

yes, upstate NY the same. But on the bright side, the frost is not as deep so far as other years which means earlier digs. I travel a lot for gigs and know by mid or late March we can start to have some warmer days. Yes we can have a late March blizzard also , bur really a couple months and where back at the dig. That is different from other years up here. Hang in there and oh yeah, RESEARCH, CO

Still got a good 2-1/2 months of winter to deal with. But ... I have secured about 6 good sites to hunt in the spring so far ! :thumbup:

Winter does suck. I miss living in Calif when it comes year round detecting. Thats all I miss...lol. However, check out ....sscindercoop....in the Teknetics and this forum for the benefits of braving some nasty winter weather in the pursuit of the hobby.

Its been great weather here in AL to hunt, its been a warm winter here.

It's been a warmer than usual winter here in Missouri too Hank. The ground started to freeze a week or two ago but quickly thawed. I've been able to get out quite a lot both in December and January.

Dug 482 coins since the beginning of January and I'm planning to get out for a few hours tomorrow. In January last year I was detecting snow banks and the packed ice at the bottom of sledding hills and freezing my rear end off while not finding much at all.

Less depth on the frost will affect frost heave finds this spring......... Some of my better finds have been early Spring before all settled back down.. and, just out of reach... ???????????????

well up here in western maine it finally froze up here about a week before christamas which is a record up here usually the second week of november thats it, I love my state but i hate the winter months wished i could afford to go to arizona deserts for 3 months or so go do some gold detectin

Hi Fellers, My sympathy goes out bigtime to all y'all that have to shut down diggin and wait for the Spring Thaw.Man, that has got to be ruff. Gives me the shutters just to think about it!.I tried once , way back in 77-78 to do some diggin when my dirt here in S Ms. was froze. That hardly ever happens, but I never will forget having the "fever" and thought I could handle a little icy ground and frozen puddles. Probably the most dissapointing digging? day I have ever had, and for sure one of the dumbest things I have ever attempted.. But it was a "learning experience" I will never forget and it gave me "somewhat" of an Idea what y'all go through with months of cold hard frozen ground.The summers here can be brutal,and the winters bad enough to keep me indoors on some days, but winter is my best digging time,,, but not when the ice comes visiting . I too hope for your early thaw! HH Charlie