Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter Wading an old dock site

Real nice treasure Dig and vid.....That wind gives me the chills just hearing it...

Hey, watched this several times..thats the 3030 right? You ever pull a floating sifter behind you when you wade? Just so you can scoop and go and check out later?
You should drop us some info on your gear, I bet a lot of guys want to know what kind of equipment. scoop, clothing, gloves, etc...to be able to hunt in those conditions..along with any things you have learned...
Wonderful vid again, and awesome finds! Was that one dime a barber?...really gets a guy jonesing for some water time!:please::clapping:
Mud

I hunt those conditions and have the very best of gear, and you just have to be tuff as nails, and crazy...I am good down to 32 degree water just as long as I keep moving, but that wind kills me...anything above 10mph and gust..

Well sure Joe, tough as nails and crazy is a given to hunt the water in Winter! :rofl:

Just trying to give the noobs a heads up on what they are in for..dont wanting anybody climbing the Chilkoot wearing dockers and some Air Jordans all dreamy eyed you know....vids like you boys post tend to make the inexperienced fellows go off half cocked in search of plunder in inclimate weather....then again, what do I care? If a noob wants to wear a pair of garbage bags for waders, drill a bunch of holes in a coffee can for a scoop and brave to hunt the chilly Atlantic? Hey, that was me a few years back!:rofl:
Mud

I agree, heck I'm still learning myself

Carter helped me on my Trapper gloves, said he was wearing a glove under, So I added a gloves and some Hot Hands to my trappers and sure made a difference.

you had a good day. Is that the Minelab 3030? How does it compare to the Excal II? Having a readout has it's advantages? thanks.....HH

Waded with the Excal for years and its a great machine. But the CTX is deeper and faster at processing especially around iron. The readout doesn't matter much in the water especially when the water is murky but with the CTX you can assign tones to specific ID ranges and that is helpful. Carter

Mud,
I never use a float although it can have its advantages. Most of the time I get what I'm looking for right in the scoop.

Depending on how deep I'm hunting, I use either waders or a dry suit. Layers are a must; two shirts and coat, two pairs of socks, long johns, gloves inside the rubber gloves. Even with all of that, the elements will eventually get to you. I'm happy if I get 4 hours of hunting.

I use the T-Rex by Gold Digger and the Stealth scoops by Sunspot. For the heavy mud/sand I like the T-Rex and in rocks I like the Stealth.

Ended up with two Barber Dimes, too bad the salt is so rough on them. In salt water I actually like finding the old nickels better since they come out decent.

We have extreme low tides for the next few days so I'm going to try and get out as much as possible.

Carter

mudpuppy said:
Hey, watched this several times..thats the 3030 right? You ever pull a floating sifter behind you when you wade? Just so you can scoop and go and check out later?
You should drop us some info on your gear, I bet a lot of guys want to know what kind of equipment. scoop, clothing, gloves, etc...to be able to hunt in those conditions..along with any things you have learned...
Wonderful vid again, and awesome finds! Was that one dime a barber?...really gets a guy jonesing for some water time!:please::clapping:
Mud