Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wireless blue tooth ear buds?

rsarge1

Has anybody hooked up a wireless ear bud system that works I recently switched to wired ear buds using my wm-10 and works great except the ear buds keep getting pulled out from the wires so I was thinking of maybe going wireless if possible?

Sarge --

There are aptX low-latency transmit modules (very small, unobtrusive pieces of hardware) available which would plug into your CTX's control box headphone jack, and then would transmit a low-latency Bluetooth signal to a set of aptX low-latency Bluetooth headphones. This is essentially how the Equinox works, though the aptX low-latency transmitter is built in in the case of the Equinox. My buddy bought one of these transmitters (about 30 bucks), and then can use his Equinox headphones with his E-Trac, and they work flawlessly. Make sure if you go this route, you get aptX LOW LATENCY components (transmitter, and headphones). You should be able to get the whole setup for well under $100...

Steve

You are welcome.

If you have any questions, let me know. If you want the lowest latency possible, be sure you get aptX LOW LATENCY transmitters and ear buds; many regular aptX devices are listed "low latency," meaning they are "lower latency" than standard Bluetooth -- which is true. But, there is specifically an aptX Low Latency codec that is much faster (less delay) than regular aptX. Look in the SPECS, not the advertisement. IF aptX-LL or aptX Low Latency is listed in the SPECS, then they should be true aptX Low Latency.

Here is some info about aptX, from Qualcomm, the developer of the technology...

https://www.aptx.com/

https://www.aptx.com/aptx-low-latency

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_aptx_type_tid=484

Steve

rsarge1 said:
Has anybody hooked up a wireless ear bud system that works I recently switched to wired ear buds using my wm-10 and works great except the ear buds keep getting pulled out from the wires so I was thinking of maybe going wireless if possible?

rsarge1,
Are you looking for a pair of wireless earbuds that can/will connect DIRECTLY to the CTX wirelessly? (Like the Equinox supports...I.E. without any other 3rd party transmitter?)

If so, you're unfortunately out of luck. It's not like the Equinox. The CTX is a proprietary connection only...not a standard Bluetooth connection.

Steve has given you good advice to accomplish what you're trying to do, but understand that you WILL need a transmitter, as well as the wireless buds...if you want to go that route.

Good luck,
mike

no I was just looking for some recommendations as to brands and types that works the best with the ctx before I spend the money and find out it won't work, thanks