Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Etrac recommendations?

Jeff in Pa

I know there are a ton of options out there for receivers and transmitters. I want to be able to plug my earbud plug into a wireless receiver.
Has anyone her tried or use a wireless setup?

Thanks

I have both of my FBS detectors set up with Bluetooth wireless APTX Low Latency transmitters and APTX Low Latency headphones and earbuds. I purchased the transmitters on Amazon for $22.09 (iTeknic) and both the earbuds (MacaW T1000 Pro) ($23.00) and (1Mii) $34.99 long range Bluetooth APTX Low Latency wireless headphones. One (about $3.00, 8 inch 3.5mm or 1/8 inch male to male right angle cable and a ( about $2.00) 6.35mm or 1/4 inch male to 3.5mm or 1/8 inch female headphone stereo audio connector. I put a strip of velcro on the side of my battery compartment, closest to the 1/4 headphone jack and the other strip of velcro on the back of the transmitter. That way I can take the transmitter off of the detector to charge it. I have been using this setup for about 4 months and they work great! No more cords! I can detect for at least 8 hours on the charge. It also works with my Equinox Bluetooth headphones. You must get the APTX Low Latecncy transmitter, earbuds, and headphones or you will have lag time in your signal response when going over a target.

Last edited:
I know there are a ton of options out there for receivers and transmitters. I want to be able to plug my earbud plug into a wireless receiver.

Thanks

Has anyone her tried or use a

Thanks

You would have to have both a transmitter and a receiver. Why not have just a set of Bluetooth wireless earbuds?
I want to have the option to use any ear buds or headphones I want to. I love using my wired XP back phones. My hearing is very bad but the XP back phones sound great for me.

I want to have the option to use any ear buds or headphones I want to. I love using my wired XP back phones. My hearing is very bad but the XP back phones sound great for me.
With a wireless Bluetooth APTX Low Latency transmitter and APTX low latency earbuds and/or headphones, you can use either. They both will pair with the transmitter and are plenty loud and comfortable.

With a wireless Bluetooth APTX Low Latency transmitter and APTX low latency earbuds and/or headphones, you can use either. They both will pair with the transmitter and are plenty loud and comfortable.
So with this setup your referring to I can still use my wired backphones? There is a small jack I can plug into and keep the receiver in my pocket?

Yes, you can as long as you purchase a transmitter and a receiver that pair togrther. Minelab Equinox has a receiver that you can plug corded headphones or earbuds. The Bluetooth transmitter is built into the Equinox and the receiver can be placed in your pocket after you plug your headphones or earbuds into it. I bought a waterproof pouch to put mine in and attached a lanyard to hang around my neck. The transmitter and receiver have to be APTX low latency.

What bought didn't work. I bought 2 of the low latency units that can receive or transmit. I paired them no problem and they work but I only get 1 channel thru my headphones. Only 1 speaker works.
I am back to being wired.
I haven't bothered with it lately because I have been working on chest mounting my Explorer. Today I have it ready waiting for my 3' extension cable that's due on Saturday. I don't mind using wired when it's hooked into a chest mount.
The 13" Ultimate coil feels light on a Teknetics S rod.

Otto I figure should of just went with something is made for this but I figured I could save some money and I am a big fan of the XP Deus wired back phones so I needed to be able to plug into a receiver. I will eventually buy another transmitter/receiver for my Etrac. Maybe till next week. Been off work all week. Here in PA the Governor has shut most of the businesses for now. I can't go back to work till he says so. It's been 20 years or more since I had to sign for unemployment compensation.

Are you looking for something to use?

Otto I figure should of just went with something is made for this but I figured I could save some money and I am a big fan of the XP Deus wired back phones so I needed to be able to plug into a receiver. I will eventually buy another transmitter/receiver for my Etrac. Maybe till next week. Been off work all week. Here in PA the Governor has shut most of the businesses for now. I can't go back to work till he says so. It's been 20 years or more since I had to sign for unemployment compensation.

Are you looking for something to use?

I know what you mean about trying to save money, and winding up spending a dollar to save a dime. I would like to find a setup that would allow me to use either wireless headphones/earbuds, or wired wirelessly using a transmitter/receiver setup with the Etrac. I've got a nice, small, Aptx LL receiver that works great on the Vanquish 540 when I want to use my Koss QZ99 wired headphones, or some earbuds. I need to check as I believe this same outfit has a transmitter as well.

What brand is it? I bought 2 of these and they only give one channel when paired.
IMG_1585367758278.JPEG

They ran me about 65 for the 2. A waste of money for me.

The receiver I have is the same brand. So the transmitter doesn't work? I'm back to square one then. I think I got the transmitter from a FaceBook link you posted. The receiver does work well with no delay, at least with the Vanquish 540. Too bad about the combination...

The transmitter works but when you pair 2 of them together and plug ear buds into the receiver you only hear thru one speaker. That would not of been me. The only thing I do on Facebook is buy things local.
They are very quick and transmit very clear sound but not good for what I wanted.
My next go at this will be something made for detectors that I know will work.

For my CZ & FBS detectors
Quest wirefree headphones & transmitter at Kellyco 150.00 i think
These are the big headphones comfortable great volume.
Tried Garrett Z-lynk they had no volume.