Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphone problem.

meggie

Today my 800 arrived, purchased a USB charger and charged up the 800 and the Wireless Module.They charged up fine.
Tried to charge the headphones,the red light came on but turned off after a few minutes.
Went through all the processes and got the headphones to connect to the machine but no sound.
Tried my own little headphones plugged through the Wireless module and I get sound fine.
So do you think I have a faulty pair of wireless headphones? .. I just don't think they are charging.

try a high amp charger to shock the battery to life or it doesn't sound to good few people getting Bluetooth phones that don't work...

they are only cheap headphones I just put them away doubt I will even use them am getting some aptx sport ear bud type to try I just been using plugged in to the detector ATM until I get what I need and make some mods to suit me..

those style headphones the Bluetooth ones are on ebay non minelab for not much money..

for me they are just a token gesture ... sound is pretty crap...

could be a lose wire in there also who knows?

just use the wm08 ?

IQ-2018 said:
try a high amp charger to shock the battery to life or it doesn't sound to good few people getting Bluetooth phones that don't work...

they are only cheap headphones I just put them away doubt I will even use them am getting some aptx sport ear bud type to try I just been using plugged in to the detector ATM until I get what I need and make some mods to suit me..

those style headphones the Bluetooth ones are on ebay non minelab for not much money..

just use the wm08 ?

Thanks for your reply,I agree the headphones look cheap and I don't think it's probably worth persuing with Minelab.I'll source out a nice pair of bluetooth one's myself and as you said just use the WM08.

meggie said:

just use the wm08 ?

Thanks for your reply,I agree the headphones look cheap and I don't think it's probably worth pursuing with Minelab.I'll source out a nice pair of bluetooth one's myself and as you said just use the WM08.

sounds like a plan , not worth the price of shipping them back :shrug:

Well, just to be different, I would certainly send the 'support' folks an email, with pics and a video if possible, showing what is happening. At the least it might prevent further sets of headphones being bad and the resulting bad publicity! I had a problem, not even a problem actually, it was the foam in the cuff area peeled away almost immediately. I emailed support, and they sent me a new cuff, unfortunately it also peeled immediately! I did not put it on my arm, just rubbed a finger across the foam and up it came. I say it isn't an issue as I don't think the foam serves any real purpose! Besides, Garrett makes a replacement pad the exact same size with glue that does not come loose!

All these minor or major 'mass' production 'bugs' or problems will get sorted out over the next year or so, if we work with ML and ML works with the customer.

I would also advise complaining to Minelab. The last thing it wants during the hoopla attending the roll-out of the Equinox are reports of defective products and unhappy customers getting around, so someone will probably send you a new pair that work.

[size=large]Look up the forum a few posts, one from southwind had a problem also, I did as well simple fix I posted it all on his post. try it it works and makes sense

Buddy_TX[/size]

Buddy_TX said:
Look up the forum a few posts, one from southwind had a problem also, I did as well simple fix I posted it all on his post. try it it works and makes sense

Buddy_TX

Yep don't use wireless module and wireless headphones at the same time.
Will show pairing icon but no sound,

Yippee .. I have finally figured it out and the headphones are now actually working.
Thanks everyone for your help.