Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Headphones for Nox

Treasurechic

Which brands or models work well with the NOX besides the overpriced Minelab version. I am looking for a full headphone not earbuds. Please list your recommendations and price point. Thanks!

Most all of the wireless headphones that work with the Equinox are made in China, including the ones Minelab sells. There are a few that are not..! After carefully research on my part, I purchased 3 pair at the same time, plus the Minelab phones my wife already had. So I had 4-Pair to work with. To make a long story short,... I returned all of the other headphones for a refund and kept one. The TROND TD-BH01 Made in Japan. It's 1/2 of the price of the Minelab with a longer battery life and better warranty and a faster response time with your metal detector. It even talks to you, and tells you what to do, in a Pleasant English woman's accent.
This is my two cents..!

Last edited:
Most all of the wireless headphones that work with the Equinox are made in China, including the ones Minelab sells. There are a few that are not..! After carefully research on my part, I purchased 3 pair at the same time, plus the Minelab phones my wife already had. So I had 4-Pair to work with. To make a long story short,... I returned all of the other headphones for a refund and kept one. The TROND TD-BH01 Made in Japan. It's 1/2 of the price of the Minelab with a longer battery life and better warranty and a faster response time with your metal detector. It even talks to you, and tells you what to do, in a Pleasant English woman's accent.
This is my two cents..!
X2 for the Tronds.

I've been using the Quest headphones exclusively now for a couple of years and found them to be perfect for the Equinox: APTX, Low Latency, water resistant, clear, sufficiently loud and reliable!

I've been using the Quest headphones exclusively now for a couple of years and found them to be perfect for the Equinox: APTX, Low Latency, water resistant, clear, sufficiently loud and reliable!
Saw those for sale on fleabay $28.00 new wondered how well they worked?
Mark

Mkus, Were I you, I'd pay the $99 from the manufacturer. That way you're sure you're getting the real deal (no fakes), in perfect condition and with a warranty.
Just the view from my foxhole...

This is my two cents..!
My only concern is they don’t appear to be water / sweat resistant. During the summer months I sweat a lot.

Found a great deal on the bay for brand new Quest wire free pros exclusive to Equinox only. They were only 28.00, 10.00 shipping. Not bad since I know Quest makes great products.

They had quite a few in stock if anyone is looking.

Are you sure that you won't have to buy a transmitter for it. KellyCo sells the HPs but the transmitter is sold separate. That is one heck of a price either way.

Post back when you get yours, and get them to connect to the Equinox. This is a hot deal if the HPs are standalone for $38 total.

Last edited:
Quest Equinox Bluetooth Phones

Attachments

• eq phone.jpg
    eq phone.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 155
Are you sure that you won't have to buy a transmitter for it. KellyCo sells the HPs but the transmitter is sold separate. That is one heck of a price either way.

Post back when you get yours, and get them to connect to the Equinox. This is a hot deal if the HPs are standalone for $38 total.
I definitely will post once I get them. I think these have been modified so you don't need the transmitter because it stresses that they can only be connected to the Equinox.

I definitely will post once I get them. I think these have been modified so you don't need the transmitter because it stresses that they can only be connected to the Equinox.
I contacted the seller and asked a very clear question if these HPs were standalone, without any needed transmitter, and that they pair up with the Equinox. They answered quickly, "Yes, they do." I wanted it on record. I hope I didn't sound pushy. I was expounding on the details. Hope the bad weather doesn't delay your delivery.

Garrett's Z-link set up is the bomb!
I grew to love the fact that the pinpointer also connects to the headphones on my AT Pro and disappointed Minelab didn't have a similar set-up for my new 800. Their wireless headphones are fine but I didn't like the external beep of the ProPointer AT and didn't want to have it on vibrate only. I found the adapter cords (on the third purchase from Amazon) and looking forward to getting out this weekend.