Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones

Old geezer

I've been detecting for around 50 years and I'm getting tired of fooling with the headphone wire. I'm 90 and looking for some wireless headphones. Any suggestions?

Yes sir. I have been using TDK WR-700 headphones. They include the transmitter, and headphones. They are operated by AAA batteries. 2 each 4 total. I get around 20 hours from a set. Dont' miss that wire.

I checked the price on Amazon. Wow! Over $300!
Anyways, is it possibles to use them with CZ-21?

$300.00 flipping dollars or are we talking a foreign exchange. I paid around 140.00 for mine. Should have bought a bunch if I knew the profit margin was that high. I would have sold them for 150.00 to the metal detecting guys and still made out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151457385741?lpid=82&chn=ps

I saw several different offers for between 112.00 and 220.00 dollars NEW. Amazon is not always the best deal.

Ordered the TDK WR 700, paid $125 will get them around the last of the month. Also bought one of those new Marco pin pointers, read good reports on it.

Got headphones and pin pointer, went out today and I can honestly say I have cut my recovery time in half. Still learning to use the pin pointer but I wish I had had one like it years ago. Like not having phone wire dangling and getting in the way. Paid $115 for phones, they came from UK post paid. Ordered through eBay.

Old geezer

Geezer good for you man. The more you use them the more you will like them. A pin pointer is a must have. Bought one of those 2 years ago. Kicked myself in the pants for not purchasing one earlier. Imagine how many more treasures I would have found. Instead of scratching though the dirt trying to locate the treasure. There it is.

Got the headphones and Makro pin pointer this week, sure enjoying the setup. Had a TinyTec pin pointer and it did good but this new one is so much better. Like Dak says, sure don't miss the wires. Haven't kept track but seems like I'm getting about eight hours hunting time before I have to change batteries in pointer and phones. Will try to keep a better record.

Old geezer

I use a pair of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_1/178-4954237-0808134?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1425077365&sr=1-1&keywords=earmuffs+electronic
Designed for shooting to protect hearing, they also amplify the surrounding sounds, volume is adjustable and they turn themselves off automatically after 4 hours. I absolutely love them! Oh, they have a mini stereo connection so it is possible to connect them directly to the detector and I used them like that for a while but discovered they work so well that there is no need to be tethered to your detector.

OK James/Texas, sounds like more of us are going wireless. Mine turn off in about three minutes if no signal. What part of TX are you in, I'm in Cowtown.

Dak, I have been using the TDK headphones and they fade in and out. I think I am missing some signals. Have you had that to happen. Went back to the Grey Ghost just to be sure I didn't miss anything. Looking in a field where they play football and looking for gold. Dug lots of trash but no gold so far..it's there, just gotta keep digging.

old geezer never had any difficulties except occasionally turning on in my go bag and being dead when I go to use them next.
I do every couple of minutes if I find it quiet bump my pinpoint and listen for the telltale click. sorry they are not working out for you. Wonder if you got a sour pair from the get go?

I think maybe my CZ had weak batteries. When I got home and checked all batteries, headphones and detector, found one weak in headphone and one in CZ. Been raining so haven't been out. Let you know what happens.

Garrett AT Pro, GTI 1500
Fisher D3, 6a
More headphones than I know what to do with.
Makro pin pointer
Leache digger
Lots of time

After looking at the web site and reading about them it seems that you need a detector with a speaker as the earphones pick up outside sounds. The CZ6a has no speaker so I'm guessing they wouldn't work. Am I correct in this?