Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless module and the 15 inch coil

BigTony

I just heard that the 15 inch coil will work better with the wireless module.

Anyone feel that way?

Tony...not quite sure about the notion as to WHY that might be. Define “better”?

IDX, I only heard that second hand. A friend was at a club hunt and a minelab rep said they go together. He took it as a tip from the rep.

I can see one point and that’s the delay in transmit is better, but that is why I asked to see if anyone heard anything else.

Sorry for the last of substance on this but that is why I wanted to start a discussion to find out more.

By the way, IDX - I got my butt kicked this weekend by a CTX, A Whites XLT and a another NOX - they all found silver at a private we were at but me noda, zip.
I just couldn’t tune in to a good target. So back to the drawing board, must stay positive.

Other than the delay, No.
Your weekend hunt did you listen to any of their hits before digging? Sometimes its just a matter of swinging left or swinging left.
HH Jeff

Tony-As they say, sometimes you’re the bug, sometimes you’re the windshield! It’ll be your turn to be the windshield shortly.:)
I can see where the HEADPHONES in general would be advantageous because of the fairly modulated audio of deep targets on the Equinox. Even with the main volume and bin volume at 25, the legitimate coin hits that are at the edge of detection are very quiet, and can certainly be mistaken for a false or missed all together with the external speaker. Not sure if that’s what he meant but it’s all I can think of. You’ll dial it in....as you said, a positive outlook breeds a positive outcome!

IDX, thanks for that description. I like that term, " fairly modulated audio of deep targets' - very interesting.

Similar problem I had with the Exp II is back on deeper targets due to hearing loss. I'll have to use headphones at the older sites so not to miss the goodies.

Tony