Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless water headphones ?

thE-TRACker

Is there any reason I can't clip my WM08 to my hat and connected to my headphones ? Wouldn't this make it a truly" wireless" unit being waterproof up to my head ?

thE-TRACker said:
Is there any reason I can't clip my WM08 to my hat and connected to my headphones ? Wouldn't this make it a truly" wireless" unit being waterproof up to my head ?

Sure you can :) But, once the control panel goes under water, there goes the signal from the machine to the WM08.

Great ! I rarely go deep enough to submerge the control panel and will probably hold off on underwater phones . I have the CTX with GG headphones but have been itching to take the 800 for a water spin and just felt this setup would work for me . Thanks.

thE-TRACker said:
Great ! I rarely go deep enough to submerge the control panel and will probably hold off on underwater phones . I have the CTX with GG headphones but have been itching to take the 800 for a water spin and just felt this setup would work for me . Thanks.
. I don't see why it won't work for you as long as the module doesn't get wet. I don't blame you, if I lived near the water, I'd be all over that!

I like using earbuds with Peltor earmuffs for that killer quiet effect.

In the water I use Apt-X IPX7 earbuds but they dont even have to be IXP7 if you keep your head dry
I dont get deep enough to submerge the pod.

Dumb question here......... why not just use bluetooth? Why take a chance of the WM falling off your hat?

I'm totally illiterate when it comes to the new technology today . To me bluetooth is what you get eating too much blueberry pie ! Are you saying there is a way to use the Minelab phones without the WM ? Or does that require different phones ?

YES..... go to the manual it tells you how to pair you phones to the machine WITHOUT using the WM device. Look on page 9 of your manual........ you will see the WIRELESS AUDIO BUTTON.... read that first. THEN go to page 56........ PAIRING WIRELESS HEADPHONES.....there is what you need to do..... step 1 - 5. Its seems complicated but its pretty simple if you follow the steps...... then put that WM away lol. Either way you go....... if the box goes under the water you loose the connection until it no long submerged. Just like a Sub trying to communicate..... has to have the antenna out of the water.

WOW ! Thank you Dewcon . Did what you said and everything is running great . And now I don't look like some idiot with wires coming out of my hat . Again, thank you . And thanks to this fantastic forum !