Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wish I Knew What It Was Attached To

dank1296

Found this about 10 yards from where I found the 1852 large cent couple weeks ago in Warren County Ga. Google is an amazing tool and found that Mr. Whiteley was born 1879 died in 1961 in Warren county. Still researching him trying to find some living relatives no luck so far. He was Head of the Board of Education in 1918 and was President of the Bank of Gibson in next door Glascock county. Was a cotton farmer and had a case before the Georgia Supreme Court with a company in Augusta over a bad deal on 133 bales of cotton. I just wonder what this was attached to. Must of been something high dollar like a gun. Oh well hopefully will find a relative to get this to.

Attachments

• thumbnail - 2022-12-04T192020.317.jpg
    thumbnail - 2022-12-04T192020.317.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 104
Nice vintage name plate. It could have been attached to a number of items. I have seen a few older wooden tool boxes or machinist tool boxes with these type of plates. Good luck on your search for a relative.

It appears the left side is slightly wider than the right? Hard to tell width but with that taper its quite possible it could have been attached on a rifle/shotgun butt (sometimes placed between the stock butt and the recoil pad and some older guns didnt have rubber recoil pads so maybe……
I would think too family or someone who knew the family might still be in the area.
Nice recovery