Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wishing 4 a new coil

yazoo

Here is to wishing whites would make a 12 or 14 inch D 2 style coil. Thinking this might be a big winner.H.H.Yazoo

I agree with you Yazoo. I would love to see a 12" DD coil. Even an 11" would do the trick. Just a little more depth would be nice.

Jack

There won't be new coils for the present detectors, as far as I know. I had hoped for a SEF style coil.

I agree with you Mike, a 12" round DD would fill a much needed gap in coil selection. The closest coil we have to choose from is the EX 12X15 SEF which is way too heavy for extended use. Another coil I think would be a good one is an 8X10 SEF, which I have proposed to White's long before the V came out but my understanding is White's is pretty much running at capacity now and like Rob said, new coil development is on the back burner the last I heard.

A 12 inch V rated D 2 coil. Just a thought ,to see what interest there is.Like all things when you ask about it, maybe some one will see the need for it.:poke:Whites ,Sun Ray , Detech or anyone else that might want to make one. Who knows.It could happen. LoL Yazoo

The Sunray S-12 for The Sovereign was a Killer coil ........Think that also would be a nice alternative for the V3i

I have often wondered why after all this time no one else has developed a coil for the V3? I mean, is V rated coil proprietary enough that third party companies don't have the ability to manufacture one? We have seen the attempt and failure at reverse engineering the Bigfoot coil. Is this the case with the V rated coils. The V3 has been around for a good year and a half. You would think a company like Detech (SEF coil fame) would be all over this. Is this the case with the wireless headphones as well? Why have we not seen wireless headphones on the market for the V3? Just a few things I have been wondering about.

Jack