Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM10 issues

LandOLincoln

So a few years ago I had sent in my detector to fix a screen issue. Prior to this I had the machine for about 2 years and the WM10 worked fine and connected fine. When I received it back the WM10 wouldn't reconnect. I was heading to England to detect and didn't have time to send it back in to get looked at. Plugged in some headphones that worked wired and off I went. Fast forward to now ad the machine is out of warranty and I wanted to sort the WM10 issue before I head back to England.

I contact Minelab and one of their techs said it's probably the WM10 as a screen replace wouldn't mess with the bits that control the WM10 connection. So, I buy a new WM10 and the new one will also not connect. I've reset the WM10 and the detector and tried every channel more times than I care to recount.

Anyone have any insight that could be the issue? Is there a fix without sending the detector in to get new guts?

Yes. The fix is to be incredibly SURE that the process you are using to connect the wireless is followed EXACTLY. Go through it again and read it EXACTLY. What you recall from before and what you’re doing now are likely to be two very slightly different things. If you cannot get connected I will post the exact steps here as soon as I see whether you got it or not.
Please post back...

IDX --

If you don't mind posting the steps, anyway, I'd appreciate it. I should probably learn to do it "the right way." The first time I connected mine, I wasn't sure how, so I just sort of figured it out by trial and error. I MAY be doing it "wrong," but that way I am doing it is "working." The weird thing is, though, that today all I did was turn on the WM10, and then the machine, and before I could even start going through the steps, it automatically "connected" somehow... LOL!

Steve

IDXMonster said:
Yes. The fix is to be incredibly SURE that the process you are using to connect the wireless is followed EXACTLY. Go through it again and read it EXACTLY. What you recall from before and what you’re doing now are likely to be two very slightly different things. If you cannot get connected I will post the exact steps here as soon as I see whether you got it or not.
Please post back...

sgoss66 said:
IDX --

If you don't mind posting the steps, anyway, I'd appreciate it. I should probably learn to do it "the right way." The first time I connected mine, I wasn't sure how, so I just sort of figured it out by trial and error. I MAY be doing it "wrong," but that way I am doing it is "working." The weird thing is, though, that today all I did was turn on the WM10, and then the machine, and before I could even start going through the steps, it automatically "connected" somehow... LOL!

Steve

IDXMonster said:
Please post back...

Steve,I just made a video I’ll link it when it’s done in an hour or so...

Here’s the video guys,just in case.
Steve-Once connected initially,it will ALWAYS connect by itself. You do not have to pair it every time out. Just turn both on and go hunting.
Good luck both of you...:)https://youtu.be/mBtPVLfB8Ss

Yeah, I've reset both WM10s plenty of times. No luck. Looks like I'll be sending it in after I talk to minelab tomorrow. Wonder what they are going to charge me to replace the failing board/component.