Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM10 Module

jimi

What is the normal charge time for the module? I began the day with a full charge and hunted maybe 4 hours. Connected the WM10 to the charger when i got home at approximately 4 pm. It finished charging the next morning at 7 am (approximately 15 hours).

A tech from ML told me up to 12 hours was normal for the wm-10, I know it takes at least 4x longer than my CTX battery, hope that's helpful.

I always charge my WM10 and the battery at the same time. They both charge up in approx. 2-2.5 hours.

The WM-10 charging can be deceiving. If you check it regularly, you will see it go to solid green for a full charge. If you leave it on there, it will start flashing again even though its fully charged.. Lots of people complain that their wm-10 never fully charges but it really is.

OK.Thanks! I will check it regularly. I started the 3rd training module out of the CTX 3030 handbook by Andy Sabisch (adding nickels to the discrimination pattern). Now i know why they refer to them as nasty nickels! TRASH ALL AROUND! Did get one nickel.

My wm-10 must have a problem then, because it has never charged in 2-3 hours since I bought it new. The ctx battery & cradle was replaced under warranty 1 month after I purchased it because it quit charging, after that it charged the CTX battery usually within 2 hours but not the wm-10 as I charge them together. When I called ML I was told up that was normal for the wm-10 to take longer. I guess I was told wrong.

Stevey,
I will test mine again after my next hunt. I did monitor mine (every 30 minutes) after my last hunt and it took 2.5 hours. The time before that took 15 hours. As Jason stated, it may have turned solid green and if not taken off the charger it may start flashing again But i don't know how long it can be on the charger before that happens.

Jimi, I just called ML & spoke with Jamie, she says it is a slow charge & can take up to 16 hours proportionate to how low the battery is. Also the WM-10 is covered under the 3 yr. warranty unlike the ctx battery witch I believe she said is 6 months. I have only put my battery & wm-10 on the charger when the ctx battery gets down pretty low so I believe the time its taking mine is normal.

Stevey
Thanks for the info. That makes sense! I hunted today for 3 hours and i just put the WM10 on to charge which took about 2 hours.

Thanks for the advice Jason_in _Enid! I'll keep an eye on the WM10 next charge. Only now getting warm enough to consider detecting this season.