Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wmd modification no more hanging wires

rsarge1

I learned about this from another guy on the facebook ctx 3030 group, he mounted his wireless module to the side of his head phones and cut and shortened the head phones wire, I didn't want to cut my sun ray pros wires so I used the module clip to attach to the head band above the right ear piece for easy on and easy off then I used Velcro and zip ties to control the wire. it works great and I hardly notice the added weight to the headphones, end result is no more hanging wire getting in the way when digging.
I thought this was a great idea and wanted to share.

sarge

Well that looks awfully familiar! It has always work very well for me.

Yes, my buddy Yeasty was the pioneer with this method. He figured this out and built hos some 3yrs ago. Search hin name and see what he did.

Yes, a few years ago I modified a military surplus David Clark headset for my WMD. I replaced the DC speakers with Killer B speakers and they work great.

It works for sure. Doesn't make your headphones any lighter though. I didn't have an easy way to mount it directly to the top so I always had it on the side. It is sleightly imbalanced, but it has been nice to have it set up as a single unit.

I took it out today for a trial run much nicer as a unit so I will be using it this way.

I never went back after figuring that out.

Mike Haer from Columbus Ohio used to make Liberty headphones and he made prototypes of a setup like this right after the CTX came out but unfortunately he had to close his business before he could get them into production, we still have two sets of his headphones and they are fantastic for sound quality.

Great, going give this a shot.