Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wobbly shafts

D&P-OR

What's the answer to tightening up the loose/wobbly lower shafts on the Equinox?-----My wife & I each have Equinox 800's and the lower shafts have excessive "wobble" on both of them. The camlocks are as tight as I can get them.

Either replace with a aftermarket carbon shaft or send them to Minelab for replacement. I did both, got replacement lower and middle shaft from Minelab under warranty which I am saving for travel and then I bought a carbon 1 piece shaft for daily use which by the way resolves all shaft wobble.

Thanks-----I may contact Minelab.----Did the replacement lower & middle shafts Minelab sent you resolve the problem or did they have the same wobbly problem of the original?
Hotrod65 said:
Either replace with a aftermarket carbon shaft or send them to Minelab for replacement. I did both, got replacement lower and middle shaft from Minelab under warranty which I am saving for travel and then I bought a carbon 1 piece shaft for daily use which by the way resolves all shaft wobble.

Dale....... I believe you can drill another hole and put in a double spring clip. These ML shafts are in all honesty travel shafts. Even Anderson tells you with their travel shafts that they arent intended for daily use. .......... and then there is the plunger locks. I removed one of those twist locks.... which i dislike with the plunger lock on another shaft some time back. My suggestion is even if you get a replacement from ML...... id drill the holes and add the double spring clip. In the water with all that torque somethings going to move around with that many parts.

Is this an issue in both the 600 and the 800. I have the bug for a nox but was hoping ML would get this resolved first.

I cheated...I wrapped a piece of tape halfway around the shaft close to the camlock. Works for me.

I do the tape quick and dirty fix with electric tape. though not needed on my 800 as snugging the cams fixes it. I understand others need more help.

D&P-OR said:
Thanks-----I may contact Minelab.----Did the replacement lower & middle shafts Minelab sent you resolve the problem or did they have the same wobbly problem of the original?

The shafts and lock are exactly the same so would expect same result. I did not use them as saving for travel.