Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woohooo!

Happy New Year everyone!
The snow has mostly melted here and the ground is mostly thawed out. Today I went for my first detecting of the spring and found my oldest coin to date! A 1781 North America Token! I hadn't even heard of these before.
I also found a 1909 V Nickle to boot! My first V nickle!
Yeeehaw! Looks like 2007 is a great year!
Pictures to follow.
HH

n/t

I just got a Minelab Explorer II this winter and haven't had it out of the house yet. (Too much illness within the family to get away to detect and waiting for the ground to now thaw.)

Looking forward to finding some nice finds like the rest of you guys.
Keep up the posting of those finds Marcus. Hopefully soon I will be posting what I find at an 1800s ghost town.

Great to see winter is coming to an end and you are able to get out and do some detecting. I hadn't seen one of those tokens either. I looked it up online and found some very interesting history behind it. Seems it was produced in Dublin around 1825 and backdated to evade Canadian importation laws. It is listed on page 69 of my 2006 Red Book as well. You will be happy with the value! Congrats. HH Randy

http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinIntros/NAmerica.intro.html

Thanks Randy;
I guess we were overtaxed way back then too. Too bad we didn't revolt like you guys, now we are stuck.
Thanks for the info on the coin. That is an interesting story.
HH
MM

Hope you get yours soon!
It really was a shock to me when I wiped the dirt off!
HH
MM

Good luck at the ghost town.
I am only one year in with my Ex2 and am loving it. It took me all last season to get used to it and I still am learning.
Don't rely soley on the screen reading, dig repeatable signals.
Good luck and HH
God bless,
MM

Thanks Steve;
It was a shocker for me to see it.
I guess I really didn't break the 1800 barrier from what I've been reading about the coin, but it is interesting none the less.
HH
MM

Thanks TNDIGGER;
That is true, I remember my first find ever, a 1968 nickle from my back yard.
Good luck and HH
MM

Good luck out there Bob;
In NH, you have great possibilities for old coins I am sure.
HH
MM

Tomorrow is supposed to be 17 Celcius (about 58F) and I am thinking about skipping work early. I hope my "all fired up" doesn't turn into "you're fired!"
HH
MM

It sure was a surprise for me. My oldest prior to that was a 1856 Large Cent.
Take care and HH
MM