Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Working the Fence Line (Ballfield)

Dancer

Yesterday, was working the outside of a LL ballfield. For some reason they moved the outfield fence in about 4ft. Theres no hunting allowed inside the fence. But when they moved the outfield in, it opened up years of coins that were laying along the inside of the fence. Well had the smaller coil on the X and it did a dandy job picking threw the junk. Plucked out $5.22 from that area, another $5.52 from around the rest of the park. No bling. I'll tell you this, I don't miss my Torsoro's, there's so much more info coming from the X with the tones and all. Sweet 3 hr hunt. 87 Coins.

Were you using the 5.7" or XS? What disc settings did you use? Very productive hunt!

Were you using the 5.7" or XS? What disc settings did you use? Very productive hunt!
JCR, my bottom disc set at 30 top disc at 37. When I check with the top disc nickels will grunt out, when I hear that at this setting I find nickels for a decent percentage. Picture is of my settings and coil. It's a dandy for park hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_183236.jpg
    IMG_20210622_183236.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 218
Way to recognize the opportunity and strike!!!

That is a good Nickle notch. Have you tried hunting areas where you do not plan to dig deep targets with a lower gain setting to clean up the target responses? That works well for me in trashy and/or high mineral areas. The 5.7" coil is also exceptional. Thanks for the reply & photo.

Yesterday, was working the outside of a LL ballfield. For some reason they moved the outfield fence in about 4ft. Theres no hunting allowed inside the fence. But when they moved the outfield in, it opened up years of coins that were laying along the inside of the fence. Well had the smaller coil on the X and it did a dandy job picking threw the junk. Plucked out $5.22 from that area, another $5.52 from around the rest of the park. No bling. I'll tell you this, I don't miss my Torsoro's, there's so much more info coming from the X with the tones and all. Sweet 3 hr hunt. 87 Coins.
Good work Dancer, that’s a lot of coins. You and the Vista make a good team!