Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

worn coil

kschae4

Well, after the first two coil covers wore out, laziness got the best of me as I had neglected to buy a third coil cover and now have an exposed pro coil causing occasional falsing when over targets. Anyone have any pr oven repairs(epoxy fill ,other ? ) to suggest until I can get a replacement coil ?

Construction Adhesive. Talk to the guys at the mom and pop hardware stores and they'll probably steer you to the best one.

I'm thinking if your getting falsing, is it because there is moisture getting into the coil or is it because the wires in the coil are fraying/breaking down? Hopefully it's just some moisture and not the other problem!! I would dry it out with a hairdryer before your fix. I think I would splurge for another new coil and keep this one for a back-up. Good luck!

Have hardware cut round PVC window glass same size of coil and glue on.Good for hunting in heavy brush after that also.

Well, I had a couple of chances to test out the loctite putty repair job on the pro coil after lightly sanding the extra putty off and still experienced occasional falsing. Saw lots of encouraging comments regarding the SEF 8x6 and purchased one, which just arrived this afternoon.