Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Worried about My Machine

Acornhead

I was out with my daughter hitting up a spot loaded with new change. Every couple of minutes, the machine would just lose it's tracking. There would be just low tone beeps, even if I wasn't moving the machine. I lifted the coil up in the air, still would be doing it. I turned the machine off and then on again, and it would start detecting again, but a few minutes later, this would start again. A buddy of mine used the arrows that go sideways on my machine and turned up the sensitivity very high a few weeks ago? Maybe this could be it? I didn't even know you could do this, I thought you had to go to sensitivity. Should I turn this down? Also, I was going to use noise cancle to see if this would help? I was in the middle of the city of Buffalo, and the site is loaded with new coins, don't know if this would make a difference. Also could have been some ground interference? I've just never had this happen before. Is there a way I can see if the machine is running right? Maybe just load stock coin mode and see how she runs? Des in Buffalo

Have you read the owner's manual regarding sensitivity settings?

Pressing the side arrow will toggle between manual and auto sensitiviy.

Pressing the up/down arrows in auto sensitivity will step auto -3 to auto +3 increments.
Pressing the up/down arrows in manual sensitivity will increase or decrease manual sensitivity.

You're etrac is likely in high manual sensitivity.

could be a loose coil/box connection. double check that.

Yup. More than likely high sensitivity in possibly mineralized ground. Double check it all and let us know what you find. :)

Yes, check your sensitivity. I recommend just running auto +3. Also, if you are near any power sources, even underground wires, it can cause the symptoms you described. So, do a noise cancel. Sometime you have to noise cancel a few times to find the right channel.

I don't mean to sound rude here and please don't take it that way, but it sounds like you are not very familiar with your machine. You really need to learn that MD better. Download the E Trac Emulator and get Andy Sabisch's outstanding book on the Explorer and E-Trac and read it cover to cover with your machine in front of you.

N offense taken. I've had it about 3 years, and never really changed much, just setting from Goes4Ever and stock coil. Comfortable with this setting but need to learn more. I do have over 17 seated dimes with it and seated quarter. Des in Buffalo

where the cable goes into the head unit. that connection there.....it can cause false "low" tones. mine would do it occasionally, at the end of every "left" sweep. mine did it so much that i sent it in and they fixed a part on it but i cant rememeber what it was....its in an old thread on here somewhere.