Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOT coil testing!

sasquache

Got my 15 WOT and decided too do some air testing with my Safari set a manual 17 . coin mode in my freezing basement there were crotal bell and indian head penny,barber dime, wheaty,buffalo nickle,liberty nickle,Kennedy silver half,standing liberty quarter,Washington quarter,big button,small button but i gotta says is wow!! The depth is Amazing but i do realize it is only a quick air test. We will see in the field.

I'm glad you like the coil.. Best of luck and HH

Thanks agane i think this coil is going to be a added bonus to my Safari.

Sasquache, Congrat's to you on the WOT Coil. I've heard they are some deep readers. Maybe you can pick up a CW artillery shell or two. Best of luck to you, and oh, don't forget to take the extension ladder with you for the trial run.:csflag::usaflag::clapping:

Hahaha I won't forget the ladder lol

I bought the same coil (WOT 15inch) primarily for beach hunting and found it to be a tad deeper than the 11inch stock. The one drawback was the weight of it. I tired sooner swinging that coil as opposed to the smaller 11inch that I primarily use for the beach so I ended up switching it out. If only I had a little more muscle mass and strength in my right arm to swing it, I would! BTW, I do switch off swinging between right and left arms but get tired doing that. When I first started M/D-ing, I went silly and bought the 18x21 coil and used it maybe twice before I realized it it was really too heavy and too impractical for me, at least!!!
The WOT would be a great coil for open fields and I hope you have great success with it!!

Thank you Goldstrike for the info and kind word's i cant wait to get it on my fields.