Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would like to know how many are happy with the Etrac vs are not.

Haven't posted in a long time, have had an extremely busy summer and didn't get out detecting that much. Just last week heard of this new machine and am seeing lots of positive and negative posts on it.
Just wondering, of those who have used the explorer and now have an Etrac - is it worth the upgrade?
I have an explorer 2 which I bought about 3 years ago and am very happy with it. Since then Minelab has come out with the SE, SE Pro and now the Etrac.
Have heard the Etrac goes deeper and is more stable in iron infested ground, but slower recovery. Is this what most of you are finding?
I am seriously thinking of buying an Etrac, but the $$???
I realize this is a different machine from an explorer and therefore a new learning curve, which I am ok with, but am also thinking next year the "new and improved Etrac 2" will come out which may address the slow recovery time. I know Minelab won't say anything about the possibility of that, and I understand that as well.
So, for those that have made the switch, is it worth it or is it too soon to tell?

minelab marcus said:
Haven't posted in a long time, have had an extremely busy summer and didn't get out detecting that much. Just last week heard of this new machine and am seeing lots of positive and negative posts on it.
Just wondering, of those who have used the explorer and now have an Etrac - is it worth the upgrade?
I have an explorer 2 which I bought about 3 years ago and am very happy with it. Since then Minelab has come out with the SE, SE Pro and now the Etrac.
Have heard the Etrac goes deeper and is more stable in iron infested ground, [size=large]but slower recovery[/size]. Is this what most of you are finding?
I am seriously thinking of buying an Etrac, but the $$???
I realize this is a different machine from an explorer and therefore a new learning curve, which I am ok with, but am also thinking next year the "new and improved Etrac 2" will come out which may address the slow recovery time. I know Minelab won't say anything about the possibility of that, and I understand that as well.
So, for those that have made the switch, is it worth it or is it too soon to tell?

Who said the E-TRAC has slower recovery than the SE-SE Pro, for what I have read it's supposed to be faster not slower.

Can't remember where I read it, but that is what I read. I did not say this is the case, am looking for opinions from those who use it.
Thanks

Thanks Ray-Mo. That's 1 for.

Happy with perfomance.... Seems to be deeper than my EXII, with more stable ID and overall stability (I like the change to Auto Sens), but I am not happy with the Iron falsing issue. Was hoping to try NH_Bobs suggestions today, but came down with a bad cold last night so no detecting for me today :(

I think I like coins on the 12 line. I find the Etrac about as heavy and awkward as the Explorer. The screen is as hard to read as the Explorer. Still thinking about some of the features. When you read about auto sensitivity, it seems the way to go but you get better depth in manual or auto +3.

Please clarify what you mean by that statement Ray. Ive used all the explorers and they all reset about the same from target to target but I found the SE is "faster" going through the menu. Is there another type of faster your referring to or is it one of these two? Gotta be careful about these kind of statements as Id bet people are taking these posts to heart as the truth.

Thank you,
Neil

n/t

Still, you can swing it faster...

J

When you get out try switching between 4 tone and 2 tone. Mine falses much less on 2 tone in the same settings Bob mentioned...

Also try setting the manual the same as the "suggested" or lower nad see what you think. I'm not sure it makes any difference. Deep off and Fast off seemed to help too. deep on and a slow swing seems ok too.

J

time constant of signal

peak and aberrations of signal

sweep speeds weighed in relationship to time constant , peak , plus aberrations!

simple as

Happy Trails
E-tracker Jim

Thank you all for answering. Watched a few of the Etrac videos on Youtube last night. It looks impressive.
One more question - will my Ex2 coils work on the Etrac? Have the standard 10", the 5" excellerator and the 14" WOT. From what I have seen, it appears that they will but haven't found a definite answer yet.

Thanks in advance.
HH

it's goodv to see you on the forum again Marcus.
Yes your coils will fit the new E-Trac.
I know that you've just heard about the E-trac, but as it's only just come out, nobody is experienced with it as yet, so there'll be a fair amount of learning frustration coming to the surface, but that will settle soon enough. we sould see some impressed users over time.
HH
Mick Evans.