Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would love to get a v3i but

No it's not in my opinion.

I upgraded from xlt to v3i and I didn't have any problems - I actually enjoyed learnin a new machine.

For experienced White's users, I would say the transition is pretty easy and the V3i is really a very good detector right out of the box. You can learn the advanced side of the V as you go to make changes to discrimination, tones and colors as you like.

I've had almost every Whites detector made since 1975. I "strayed" to Minelab for a while, but couldn't get used to their audio, balance or ID system. A few years ago, I decided I wanted to do 2 kinds of detecting - jewelry and deep silver. The Vision/V3 was new and having problems so I ended up with the MXT (general purpose/jewelry) and the e-Trac (deep silver). I got tired of using and carrying 2 different machines and having to go back and forth while changing modes. I had an Eagle and a DFX. My hunting time was limited and I have other interests. The menus and submenus drove me crazy. However, wanting ONE detector, I finally broke down and got a V3i with wireless headphones. I've had it out once, but can tell you it is a keeper! You can literally design your own detector with this thing - frequency, coil size, sweep speeds and filters, tones, etc. Since it has the active menus with quick access, it is very easy to get used to and intuitive. The learning curve is not nearly as steep as I anticipated. With 2.5KHz for deep silver and 22.5Khz for jewelry and small gold, this detector should last me for a long time!

George
Aloha, Oregon

I think you will end up liking the V3i George. I used the DFX and a Minelab SE Pro for the jewelry and deep silver and the V3i fills both jobs for me very well.

I went from the tesoros to the V3i....Cowboy up!!!! You wanna talk about learnin curves? Mine is a circle right now....but it's all good!

Every time I hear someone say the learning curve is steep, I wonder "What do you expect a new top machine to be anyways plus....It's half the fun. The whole layout of the V3i is very easy to understand when you dig in a bit anyways. A pleasure to use AND get acquainted with.

Just take time, read the manual, get out and enjoy it. It's not that hard to learn, and the benefits exceed the intellectual cost of learning it. I started with stock programs, and then gradually experimented/tuned my way to something that fits the type of hunting i do. I've been more successful with this detector than anything else I've worked with or owned. (of course it's a lot more interesting, so i get out a lot more than I ever used to do)

I don't think you will regret the purchase should you choose to do so.

I'm selling my mxt-pro to fund for the v3i, got to have one. I had to choose between the mxt-pro or v3i and wish I would have gone with the V. I guess it's a difficult machine if you have never MD before. Thanks for the help! I'll soon have one

The fun part is when you do learn it....and realize what it is capable of....which is slowly starting to happen with me....and I am diggin it!