Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you buy an Original excal?

I have an opportunity to buy an originl excal for $350. Looks to be in great to excellent condition in the pics hardly used. I already have
a few 1000's but have read the Originals are great machines. I don't really want to spend the money but hate to pass on a great looking original excal...

Decisions ...decisions... What would you do? Yay or Nay

Thanks and HH, Epi

How many can you use at one time? Are you going to resell it? It won't find you anything the others can not find. Save your money and take the family out to dinner.

Sometimes its best just to walk away from these good deals.Its a risk to make a flip.To make money on Ebay 13 percent over what you paid.LOL the used water detector can have a lot of problems.I agree go out for dinner or movie,one less worry.Good Luck Ron

You know the old saying you get what you pay for that is a oldie machine parts don't come easy . If me i would pass.
Jim

Considering I have exactly one Excal and it is an original with some mods, I would go for one for that price. First thing after making sure it finds metal and acts right, would be to replace all the O-rings. Then I'd go hunting and, if happy with it, I'd work a mod or two. If nothing else, it may provide some good spare parts.

Of course, my situation is different than yours where you already have a few Excal 1000s !!
Cheers,
tvr

Md Epidemic said:
I have an opportunity to buy an originl excal for $350. Looks to be in great to excellent condition in the pics hardly used. I already have
a few 1000's but have read the Originals are great machines. I don't really want to spend the money but hate to pass on a great looking original excal...

Decisions ...decisions... What would you do? Yay or Nay

Thanks and HH, Epi

what color are the headphones on it? there were several colors that came on the orignal style with the sword on the tube. does it still have the webbed coil?

If you want a good back up wetsand hunter then your good....for deep waters, a little risky. Everything outside the pod is fixible. The Pod, and guts are non fixible, except the Orings.

Thanks for all the replies. The guy still has not gotten back to me and probably won't buy it. Goodmore is right, I can only swing one at a time... I
think buying detectors can be as additive as detecting. But it sure is Purty...LOL

HH, Epi

I saw one of those go on free bay for over $400 .... just for parts. BUT..... Joe is right about the repair issues and what can and cant be fixed. ALSO.... it would have to be close enough to put my hands on it to ensure it worked properly. I used to be in the antique business...... there are a lot of GREAT deals out there, but you have to have a plan and think about resale or whats it going to cost me to repair if its broke. My wife always told me we arent buying to create a collection.... if there is no money in resale or practical use dont buy it.

Dew