Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you have made this purchase?

hibby

I have owned several whites detectors over the years including a DFX but I sold it severa years ago and recently decided I wanted to get back into detecting. I purchased the following package which I think is a good deal but wanted others opinions.

The package I bought includes:
Whites DFX
Original 950 coil
Hard case
Sunray DX-1 pinpointer
Whites headphones
3 battery holders
1 rechargeable battery
Charger
Shooter DD coil
Eclipse DD coil
SEF DD coil
Eclipse Deep Scan coil
Super 12 coil
5 coil shafts
And lastly one of those flip sticks each stick with a different coin or piece of trash to test detectors with.
All excellent condition
$1130 total.

How did I do?

The list is impressive but it is often the condition and age that dictates the price. If any of the accessory coils are V rated, that would add value too.

If everything is in good shape I would say you did pretty good, you got yourself a good deal there hibby, the DFX is a strong detector

V rated coils are manufactured to closer tolerences to be used with the Spectra V3i detectors. They don't mean squat to your DFX. The V rated coils have the letter V as part of their serial number on the side of one of the mounting tabs of the coil. V rated coils having a slightly higher resale value do to the fact that owners of Spectra V3i detectors like to purchase those coils for their machines. All Eclipse coils manufactured by Whites since about 2009 are V rated.