Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you still metal detect if ....

I would pay someone to do it for me. :lol: Seriously, I absolutely would keep doing it and I'd have MUCH more time for it. The thrill of diggin up something not touched for 100-200 years and wondering about the circumstances of how it came to be there is not something that a bunch of money would change. Filthy rich or just scrapin by, I'm hooked on this hobby! :thumbup:
Ken.

I'd have a couple of butlers carrying gear, like a cooler, and an umbrella. A couple of french maids to dig the signals. I'd reserve Yellowstone for a month, and shoot for nuggets, maybe buy the Custer Battlefield, or some sort of resort island, where I would only allow my forum friends to come and stay for free and sweep the beaches. I'd use a different detector everyday, and give them away once the sun goes down. I'd hire a couple of Archeologists to take me to the Aztec Ruins, and make them stand there watching me plunder, no umbrellas or beer for them either, just stand there looking annoyed. I'd go to garage sales on the weekends, and ask them what they wanted for the whole lot, pay them, then tip over the tables, smash the dishes on the driveway, put on the goofiest hat, tear the heads off the beanie babies, and admonish them to not get buried in so much junk in the future. Thats for starters, so if you hear about any garage sales getting torn up by somebody Saturday, you will know I won!
Mud

yes, if you saw my previous post, just think, you could buy up all these old mansions and estates and detect on them. Then put them back on the market. Of course you could buy up the coins you always wanted to find, have someone plant them here and there about the estate, then you could go about and try and find them with your MD. CO

I would just buy every detector and play, play, play. Travel to hot spots. Network with forum members to maybe visit. HH. Matt

All with Island Names :rofl:

Darn right and lots more of it. And I'd try many of the machines I've only read about.
BB

Yes. And my NEW metal detector would have notch, tone id, numerical id, auto g/b, backlight,g/mineral readout, true a/m mode with readout, graphics, and built-in recharge system. Just as a start, you know.

I think it would be absolutely thrilling to fly to some
remote islands and detect where no-body has never gone!

And I'm sure that I would have no problems finding an assistant
to do the digging.

I do it for the exercise and thrill of the hunt. Having money would just let me own any and all detectors I would like plus I'd offer to lease private property to gain access.

Hey mudpuppy, old buddie old pal! I'd be glad to run with you after we both win. I know some spots in the south pacific.....

I would buy a silver eagle and hit the road and MD!

larryk56 said:
I think it would be absolutely thrilling to fly to some
remote islands and detect where no-body has never gone!

And I'm sure that I would have no problems finding an assistant
to do the digging.

If nobody had ever been there you probably wouldn't have to dig much

After reading all this I have to run out and get some tickets.

I would buy a couple million bucks worth of gold nuggets and bury them on my proprty, better yet have a trusted person bury them so I don't know exactly where, then I will retire and find 10 ounce nuggets everyday and I'll be posting my finds for applause and accolades.

yeah I'm a nasty boy.

That's hilarious Fabio! A good way to look at it.

I could also consider building a metal detector theme park, you pay an admission fee to detect on a hundred acre spread full of challenges and rewards which are seeded every night under secrecy. Your E ticket areas will have gold nuggets, the D area silver and the A areas have mixed pull tabs and tokens that can be exchanged for stuffed animals. You can rent the top of the line Hoover 5000 for a small fee along with shovels, all holes will be filled or you will be fined and or kicked out of the park.