Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you still metal detect if ....

WITHOUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT ID MD WITH JUST A PINPOINTER IF THATS ALL I HAD ....LOL

Start a MD show about what people really find and that it does not take years of college to dig holes and finally show them how to fill a hole at the begining middle and end of show. Then show what we really find 90% junk. Come look in my junk can of just metal( I seperate aluminum and other semi precious metals) alone is 20-30 lbs. lol.

Keep detecting for sure and hit legal places up around the world.
Seriously I would not hire people to clean for me, keep it in the family and hire them.
Kids college
Invest in gold silver
Invest in a few inventions I have came up with but never had the $ to pursue.
Real Estate

Money have nothing do with my metal detecting. i do it for enjoyment and excitement, not for money.:detecting:

I'd still detect. Trips in an RV to old parks in small towns. Taking vacations to hit the beaches in exotic resort areas, but those exotic trips would be the exception and not the rule. I'd be more happy in an RV driving to small towns and hitting old schools and parks. I could live very low cost doing that for the rest of my life.

I'd also combine business with pleasure by buying old houses, re-habbing them, and then selling them for a profit. Of course I'd be buying those houses based on the potential in metal detecting the property as well. I wouldn't have people "plant" items for me. That seems rather dumb and takes the thrill out of it. That's why I never cared for those seeded hunts, or fishing stocked ponds.

I wouldn't own a bunch of machines. If you own several you never really get to know one well enough to do well with it. I've tried many of them over the years and I'd own the machine I own now for land hunting as I've owned enough to know what has the best performance I seek for deep coins and gold rings. I would, though, buy a water unit so I didn't have to risk wading anymore with my GT now. Probably an Excal with a 10" coil, 12x10, or S-12. But I'd probably also pick up a AT Pro for water hunting with a different animal when the mood strikes me, and also as my backup land unit for when it's raining or I wanted to use a machine I could swing fast with. I would buy a few more coils for my land machine, though. A WOT, S-12, and a few others...To test against my 12x10 to see which is deepest in my soil. Sure, I've read enough comparisons to buy the 12x10, but doing my own depth tests and such would allow me to confirm or disprove things once and for all.

One thing I wouldn't do is buy a big house. That's just more space you have to heat, clean, and buy furniture for. A small ranch in a quiet neighborhood like I'm at now is all I'd want. Would like to own some hunting land with a small cabin somewhere remote, though, to get away to. Not into expensive toys. Not into fancy parties or restraunts. Don't want any expensive art on my walls when something cheap looks just as good.

I'd help a few friends out. What I wouldn't do is what my own sister and brother did to the rest of us. They came into a large amount of money that we always said would be split among us when it happened. They took it and ran. I don't talk to either of them anymore. I'd sooner help a good friend than either one of them, especially since they know me and my other sister are in dire straights at the moment.

I would metal detect 7 day a week 365 days a years if I won but I all ready detect 7 day a week now all have to do is win the big one. :twodetecting::whites::cheers:

I would get a list of the "Top Guns" of metal detecting. I'm not proud, with a little prodding and a little cash, I'd be going to school. Metal detecting that is. Time wouldn't be an object. Money wouldn't be a object. My son and I played a round of golf with a pro. What he said about playing golf, I believe, holds true to just about anything one does in life. My son asked him his opinion about all the fancy, high tech custom fitted golf clubs. He said, "Son, it's not the equipment that makes a person good at golf." I think it's more what is between the ears that count. I certainly would be picking some brains to see what the "Guns" are thinking before, during and after the hunt. Forums are wonderful and great, however one on one... now, for me, that would make my day.

Yes I would still detect, While it is great to find valuable treasures I'm sure. (I never found anything worth anything) I do this for relaxation and exercise and sometimes solitude! My life is easy enough and we aren't wanting for anything. Everyone I know and like and my entire extended family would benefit, I would stay the same............G: & HH................Pat

larryk56 said:
Would you still be metal detecting if you won
the big lottery?

This should be interesting!

I don't metal detect for the money, so yeah.