Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW! Did I miss the bell?

robby4570

Is class out? Hasn't been a new post in here in days... I just found out I "MAY" be able to swing getting my E-Trac sooner than I thought, so I am watching this forum closely hoping to glean any tidbits of knowledge I can.

Unfortunately, a lot of basic questions are asked in the eTRAC forum which IMO should be asked here.
Sometimes i think i'm the only one reading this here forum. :huh:

My only advise at this point is don't go hog wild with all the advanced settings a lot of us old timers use.
It'll only be confusing at your first few detecting sessions.

Good luck on getting your new eTRAC, i guarantee you're gonna like it.

ironsight said:
Unfortunately, a lot of basic questions are asked in the eTRAC forum which IMO should be asked here.
Sometimes i think i'm the only one reading this here forum. :huh:

My only advise at this point is don't go hog wild with all the advanced settings a lot of us old timers use.
It'll only be confusing at your first few detecting sessions.

Good luck on getting your new eTRAC, i guarantee you're gonna like it.

Thanks Ironsight! I read this and the E-Trac forum both near daily. I have tried out a buddy's E-Trac one time for a half hour or so on the beach, just enough to whet my appetite for one, and have played with the Emulator a bunch. I look forward to getting mine and I know I won't regret it. I have nearly 1250 hours between my 3 machines, so I am not a newby to the learing a new machine thing, so I will heed your advice. I DO plan on learning the TTF mode as many of the sites I will be hunting are trashy, iron infested sites. I think the one thing I'll have the most trouble with is getting used to the digital sounds on the E-Trac versus the Analog sounds that my Sovereign sings out to me with. But that isn't gonna stop me!

Well, it's time to bump this thread and hopefully get some more activity going in the classroom... My E-Trac is ENROUTE!!!!!! I'll have it by Thursday!

Glad to hear it 4570!
Ironically I'm a longtime Etrac user trying to learn my recently purchased Sovereign.
I sold the E a while ago for a CTX which I have since sold.
I couldn't escape the Etrac calling me back so I'm picking up another one.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine regardless!

bik-il said:
Glad to hear it 4570!
Ironically I'm a longtime Etrac user trying to learn my recently purchased Sovereign.
I sold the E a while ago for a CTX which I have since sold.
I couldn't escape the Etrac calling me back so I'm picking up another one.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine regardless!

Thanks bik! You'll enjoy that Sovereign I bet. It's a killer on the beach, goess wayyyyyy deep. I got my E-Trac on the 7th as promised, and have gotten nearly 16 hours on it now. Two of those hours were using the Sharpshooter coil. I have to say, I LOVE it!

I'm using Des Dunne's Beach Mode and the ML Beach Mode while at the beach and primarily Goes4Ever's TTF settings and the FBS pattern when doing the RV Park we live in. Glad to hear that the E-Trac called you back, hope you can get it soon.

Here's a few of my hunting spots:

574820_10152578177560635_554448017_n.jpg

264312_10150648110010635_7477014_n.jpg

406700_10151122538740635_1004975939_n.jpg

The E-Trac will definitely be my primary land machine but I think my Sovereign is just gonna edge out the E-Trac on the beach....

I would use caution posting pics of your hunting spots. location info is sometimes imbedded in the photo (gps}.
you might find you have unwanted company and those who claim jump usualy leave a big mess behind just sayin.

screw cap junky said:
I would use caution posting pics of your hunting spots. location info is sometimes imbedded in the photo (gps}.
you might find you have unwanted company and those who claim jump usualy leave a big mess behind just sayin.

I appreciate the warning, but I know that. I'm not too worried about it though, the bottom one is an RV Park we live in and you HAVE to be staying at the park to get in to it. The second one is a public sports complex that gets hit a lot. The top picture is MY land and trespassers will REGRET setting foot on MY LAND... just sayin'. :nono: