Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow ! got a Tesoro Diablo Umax .

pretty sure I read where Dave J said old man Gifford didn't like the machine and the price at release was over the top and it wasn't advertised and that my friends I think is the end of the section.

I would buy a new one if they made them again at the right price but sure not paying 700 bucks for one !!

AJ

steve herschbach said:
$599 when brand new does not seem excessive

At the time the "old" Gold Bug was about $500 and everyone knew it was a good product. It was also the entry level "real" gold machine. The (then) recent White's Goldmasters were arguably better, but also cost more: that piece of competition was what the GB2 was all about.

To succeed in the market, the Diablo uMax had to undercut the GB price tag by just a few dollars and paint itself as the industry's new entry level "real" gold machine. That's what I'd designed it to do. The $600 price tag and pedestrian advertising left the world not knowing why anyone should buy the thing, so they didn't. .

Jack didn't understand what he had, and blew the marketing. (Not picking on Jack here, everybody in the business makes marketing screw-ups.) The Lobo ST (loosely based on the Diablo uMax platform) Jack did understand, and nearly 19 years later it's still being manufactured.

Still miss the good times with Hal and Norma. PESCO sold them all their sluices,dredges,hibankers,scoops and we sold them Tesoro like hotcakes. Did the SMPA story on the Gold Demon/devil demos/comparison hahaha so long ago. Good trick on the TLST is to ,when nugget shooting in all metal as always,just flip the pin point switch and most junk,ferrous metals,disappears as it locates the gold. Still love my LST to death. Use it more than the GB2 now. Miss Jack also....as the herd thins :sadwalk: John